Maria Sharapova Reveals Secrets To Her Amazing Body; See Behind-The-Scenes Cover Shoot For Self Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 21, 2014 2:09 PM EST
There is no denying that Maria Sharapova is one of the sexiest athletes to ever grace the tennis courts. At 27 years old, Sharapova's bod looks amazing and she shared her diet tips in the September issue of Self Magazine, where she is also featured on the cover.
Maria Sharapova of Russia blows a kiss after defeating Samantha Murray of Britain in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
For Sharapova, the trick to having an amazing body is a healthy eating pattern. The tennis royalty revealed that she eats a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish. Sharapova ensures her daily food intake has a proper balance between carbs and protein.
"Carbs are important for my sport, but it's about finding the right balance between them and protein," Sharapova told Self Magazine.
According to Sharapova, she could have rye toast with goat cheese and a piece of ham for breakfast, chicken and soup for lunch, and salmon or sea bass with rice or potatoes for dinner. She added she tries to cut foods that cause inflammation in the body whenever she plays tournaments.
Sharapova has been blasted by critics because she was accused of promoting unhealthy sweets with her candy business Sugarpova, but she insists she is a huge activist of healthy lifestyle. She said she doesn't encourage people to eat candy all the time. She said it is all about eating in moderation.
Sharapova also revealed she isn't really very particular with how she looks when she enters the tennis court. She said she is "focused" on winning tournaments and couldn't care less about her appearance. The Russian tennis darling, who radiates with sheer vivacity and brighten the court as soon as she walks in, said she can simply pull up and tie her hair in a ponytail in seconds. She is confident in her own skin and show off her natural beauty without wearing any makeup on.
"I'm confident in my skin, and I'm there to play the game."
The September issue of Self Magazine will hit the U.S. newsstands on Aug. 26.
— Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova) August 19, 2014
Watch Sharapova's behind-the-scenes cover shoot for Self Magazine below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/SELF Magazine
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage