Maria Sharapova Reveals Secrets To Her Amazing Body; See Behind-The-Scenes Cover Shoot For Self Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 21, 2014 2:09 PM EST
There is no denying that Maria Sharapova is one of the sexiest athletes to ever grace the tennis courts. At 27 years old, Sharapova's bod looks amazing and she shared her diet tips in the September issue of Self Magazine, where she is also featured on the cover.
Maria Sharapova of Russia blows a kiss after defeating Samantha Murray of Britain in their women's singles tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London June 24, 2014.
For Sharapova, the trick to having an amazing body is a healthy eating pattern. The tennis royalty revealed that she eats a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish. Sharapova ensures her daily food intake has a proper balance between carbs and protein.
"Carbs are important for my sport, but it's about finding the right balance between them and protein," Sharapova told Self Magazine.
According to Sharapova, she could have rye toast with goat cheese and a piece of ham for breakfast, chicken and soup for lunch, and salmon or sea bass with rice or potatoes for dinner. She added she tries to cut foods that cause inflammation in the body whenever she plays tournaments.
Sharapova has been blasted by critics because she was accused of promoting unhealthy sweets with her candy business Sugarpova, but she insists she is a huge activist of healthy lifestyle. She said she doesn't encourage people to eat candy all the time. She said it is all about eating in moderation.
Sharapova also revealed she isn't really very particular with how she looks when she enters the tennis court. She said she is "focused" on winning tournaments and couldn't care less about her appearance. The Russian tennis darling, who radiates with sheer vivacity and brighten the court as soon as she walks in, said she can simply pull up and tie her hair in a ponytail in seconds. She is confident in her own skin and show off her natural beauty without wearing any makeup on.
"I'm confident in my skin, and I'm there to play the game."
The September issue of Self Magazine will hit the U.S. newsstands on Aug. 26.
— Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova) August 19, 2014
Watch Sharapova's behind-the-scenes cover shoot for Self Magazine below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/SELF Magazine
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money