'Batman vs. Superman': Videos Support Ben Affleck's Reported Injury While Filming
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 1:40 PM EST
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is set to premiere on March 26, 2016. Ahead of its much-awaited release date, spoilers and possible plot details have been making the rounds on the internet. The latest news on the "Man of Steel" sequel revealed Batman actor Ben Affleck was injured while filming the movie and various sites have provided videos as proof for his reported injury.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Batman-news, the actor sustained a shoulder injury early last week that deterred him from doing stunt work. Even lifting a small child reportedly required a stunt double.
The actor was believed to have strained his left shoulder following a complicated stunt. Affleck was reportedly sent home from filming.
According to the site, a source told Star Magazine that Ben Affleck's injury was "hurting him pretty bad."
"He's putting his all into this role and it's pretty physically demanding," the source revealed.
The source claimed Affleck has been making two to three trips to the gym every day and that "on set he's like a machine."
Star Magazine is according to the site considered a tabloid, so one would naturally question the validity of its claims. However, batman-news added a video (below) that somehow supports Ben Affleck's reported injury.
The video shows the Batman actor talking to an EMS while touching and moving his left shoulder. Then the medic reaches out to massage his shoulder (see the 0:55 time mark).
The next day of filming reportedly required Affleck's stunt double to do the heavy and not so heavy lifting. The site reports the actor didn't participate on his stunts at all. .
Apparently the shoulder injury was not a major one since Ben Affleck was reportedly back on set for the succeeding days of filming. Screenrant adds the actor was advised by medics to take it easy. However, the site mentioned sources who said Affleck "can act" in scenes where Bruce Wayne is needed but not where it features Batman. Affleck doing his own stunt moves will reportedly have to wait.
The actor recently replied to the criticisms about his participation in the movie. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Affleck said he was warned ahead of time by the studios regarding casting criticisms. Warner Bros. reportedly gave him a "bunch of past reactions to casting" and was asked if he was sure he wanted to be in the movie.
"I wouldn't have taken the part if I didn't trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking," he said.
Batman-news claims production for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is expected to end sometime in November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate