'Batman vs. Superman': Videos Support Ben Affleck's Reported Injury While Filming
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 1:40 PM EST
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is set to premiere on March 26, 2016. Ahead of its much-awaited release date, spoilers and possible plot details have been making the rounds on the internet. The latest news on the "Man of Steel" sequel revealed Batman actor Ben Affleck was injured while filming the movie and various sites have provided videos as proof for his reported injury.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Batman-news, the actor sustained a shoulder injury early last week that deterred him from doing stunt work. Even lifting a small child reportedly required a stunt double.
The actor was believed to have strained his left shoulder following a complicated stunt. Affleck was reportedly sent home from filming.
According to the site, a source told Star Magazine that Ben Affleck's injury was "hurting him pretty bad."
"He's putting his all into this role and it's pretty physically demanding," the source revealed.
The source claimed Affleck has been making two to three trips to the gym every day and that "on set he's like a machine."
Star Magazine is according to the site considered a tabloid, so one would naturally question the validity of its claims. However, batman-news added a video (below) that somehow supports Ben Affleck's reported injury.
The video shows the Batman actor talking to an EMS while touching and moving his left shoulder. Then the medic reaches out to massage his shoulder (see the 0:55 time mark).
The next day of filming reportedly required Affleck's stunt double to do the heavy and not so heavy lifting. The site reports the actor didn't participate on his stunts at all. .
Apparently the shoulder injury was not a major one since Ben Affleck was reportedly back on set for the succeeding days of filming. Screenrant adds the actor was advised by medics to take it easy. However, the site mentioned sources who said Affleck "can act" in scenes where Bruce Wayne is needed but not where it features Batman. Affleck doing his own stunt moves will reportedly have to wait.
The actor recently replied to the criticisms about his participation in the movie. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Affleck said he was warned ahead of time by the studios regarding casting criticisms. Warner Bros. reportedly gave him a "bunch of past reactions to casting" and was asked if he was sure he wanted to be in the movie.
"I wouldn't have taken the part if I didn't trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking," he said.
Batman-news claims production for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is expected to end sometime in November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect