'Batman vs. Superman': Videos Support Ben Affleck's Reported Injury While Filming
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 1:40 PM EST
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is set to premiere on March 26, 2016. Ahead of its much-awaited release date, spoilers and possible plot details have been making the rounds on the internet. The latest news on the "Man of Steel" sequel revealed Batman actor Ben Affleck was injured while filming the movie and various sites have provided videos as proof for his reported injury.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Batman-news, the actor sustained a shoulder injury early last week that deterred him from doing stunt work. Even lifting a small child reportedly required a stunt double.
The actor was believed to have strained his left shoulder following a complicated stunt. Affleck was reportedly sent home from filming.
According to the site, a source told Star Magazine that Ben Affleck's injury was "hurting him pretty bad."
"He's putting his all into this role and it's pretty physically demanding," the source revealed.
The source claimed Affleck has been making two to three trips to the gym every day and that "on set he's like a machine."
Star Magazine is according to the site considered a tabloid, so one would naturally question the validity of its claims. However, batman-news added a video (below) that somehow supports Ben Affleck's reported injury.
The video shows the Batman actor talking to an EMS while touching and moving his left shoulder. Then the medic reaches out to massage his shoulder (see the 0:55 time mark).
The next day of filming reportedly required Affleck's stunt double to do the heavy and not so heavy lifting. The site reports the actor didn't participate on his stunts at all. .
Apparently the shoulder injury was not a major one since Ben Affleck was reportedly back on set for the succeeding days of filming. Screenrant adds the actor was advised by medics to take it easy. However, the site mentioned sources who said Affleck "can act" in scenes where Bruce Wayne is needed but not where it features Batman. Affleck doing his own stunt moves will reportedly have to wait.
The actor recently replied to the criticisms about his participation in the movie. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Affleck said he was warned ahead of time by the studios regarding casting criticisms. Warner Bros. reportedly gave him a "bunch of past reactions to casting" and was asked if he was sure he wanted to be in the movie.
"I wouldn't have taken the part if I didn't trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking," he said.
Batman-news claims production for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is expected to end sometime in November.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan