Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | August 21, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Sony Mobile released the official details regarding the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual. According to the press release, the firmware improves the user interface, camera, performance, battery and system stability.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile includes several performance tweaks and some functionality for Xperia M2 smartphone as detailed below.
1. Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard updates for performance and user interface optimisation.
2. Tweaks on the Status Bar and Quick Settings for more intuitive and customisable experience.
3. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface including new launch animation and live wallpaper for lock and home screens.
4. Move applications from the internal storage to the microSD card for better storage management.
5. Latest versions of Sony native and exclusive applications such as Messaging, Smart Connect, TrackID, What's New, WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
6. New version of the battery STAMINA mode for longer battery life.
7. Support for over two million downloadable themes for Xperia Themes feature.
8. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog application.
9. Fine tuning on the camera app for better experience.
10. Several stability and system performance improvements.
11. Latest bug fixes and other enhancements.
Updating Sony Xperia M2
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual is available via Update Centre app on the App Menu and the respective Sony PC suite for Windows and MAC.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification.
2. Tap on the update notification or go to App Menu > Update Centre app to force software update check.
3. Download the new software from Sony Mobile then follow the instructions provided for installation.
4. It is recommended to download and install the new firmware with high battery level to avoid any power interruption.
Sony PC Suite:
1. Download and install Sony PC Companion for Windows computer or Sony Bridge for MAC.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite and connect the Sony Xperia M2 smartphone using a USB cable to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
3. A notification should appear on PC suite about a new firmware update. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Download of the new software requires an active Internet connection while installation needs at least 50 per cent battery level on the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop