Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | August 21, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Sony Mobile released the official details regarding the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual. According to the press release, the firmware improves the user interface, camera, performance, battery and system stability.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile includes several performance tweaks and some functionality for Xperia M2 smartphone as detailed below.
1. Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard updates for performance and user interface optimisation.
2. Tweaks on the Status Bar and Quick Settings for more intuitive and customisable experience.
3. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface including new launch animation and live wallpaper for lock and home screens.
4. Move applications from the internal storage to the microSD card for better storage management.
5. Latest versions of Sony native and exclusive applications such as Messaging, Smart Connect, TrackID, What's New, WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
6. New version of the battery STAMINA mode for longer battery life.
7. Support for over two million downloadable themes for Xperia Themes feature.
8. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog application.
9. Fine tuning on the camera app for better experience.
10. Several stability and system performance improvements.
11. Latest bug fixes and other enhancements.
Updating Sony Xperia M2
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual is available via Update Centre app on the App Menu and the respective Sony PC suite for Windows and MAC.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification.
2. Tap on the update notification or go to App Menu > Update Centre app to force software update check.
3. Download the new software from Sony Mobile then follow the instructions provided for installation.
4. It is recommended to download and install the new firmware with high battery level to avoid any power interruption.
Sony PC Suite:
1. Download and install Sony PC Companion for Windows computer or Sony Bridge for MAC.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite and connect the Sony Xperia M2 smartphone using a USB cable to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
3. A notification should appear on PC suite about a new firmware update. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Download of the new software requires an active Internet connection while installation needs at least 50 per cent battery level on the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation