Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | August 21, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Sony Mobile released the official details regarding the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual. According to the press release, the firmware improves the user interface, camera, performance, battery and system stability.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile includes several performance tweaks and some functionality for Xperia M2 smartphone as detailed below.
1. Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard updates for performance and user interface optimisation.
2. Tweaks on the Status Bar and Quick Settings for more intuitive and customisable experience.
3. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface including new launch animation and live wallpaper for lock and home screens.
4. Move applications from the internal storage to the microSD card for better storage management.
5. Latest versions of Sony native and exclusive applications such as Messaging, Smart Connect, TrackID, What's New, WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
6. New version of the battery STAMINA mode for longer battery life.
7. Support for over two million downloadable themes for Xperia Themes feature.
8. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog application.
9. Fine tuning on the camera app for better experience.
10. Several stability and system performance improvements.
11. Latest bug fixes and other enhancements.
Updating Sony Xperia M2
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual is available via Update Centre app on the App Menu and the respective Sony PC suite for Windows and MAC.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification.
2. Tap on the update notification or go to App Menu > Update Centre app to force software update check.
3. Download the new software from Sony Mobile then follow the instructions provided for installation.
4. It is recommended to download and install the new firmware with high battery level to avoid any power interruption.
Sony PC Suite:
1. Download and install Sony PC Companion for Windows computer or Sony Bridge for MAC.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite and connect the Sony Xperia M2 smartphone using a USB cable to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
3. A notification should appear on PC suite about a new firmware update. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Download of the new software requires an active Internet connection while installation needs at least 50 per cent battery level on the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone