Sony Xperia E1 and E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Official Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | August 21, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Sony Mobile released the official changes of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual.
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard performance and optimisations from Google.
2. Status Bar and Quick Settings tweaks for more intuitive and customisable experience.
3. New user interface based from Sony PlayStation 4 such as new launch animation and live wallpaper for lock and home screens.
4. New Transfer Apps to SD card feature for better management of the internal storage.
5. All new versions of Sony native applications including Messaging and Smart Connect.
6. Updated versions of Sony media apps such as WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
7. Over two million downloadable themes for the Xperia Themes feature.
8. Improved software stability for enhanced performance.
9. Colourful emojis for personalised messaging experience.
10. Enhanced camera experience.
11. Screenshot menu now supported.
Updating Sony Xperia E1
Users of Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual can now update the device using Update Centre app and the respective PC suites from Sony Mobile.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification.
2. Tap on the update notification or go to App Menu > Update Centre app to force software update check.
3. Download the new software from Sony Mobile then follow the instructions provided for installation.
4. It is recommended to download and install the new firmware with high battery level to avoid any power interruption.
Sony PC Suite:
1. Download and install Sony PC Companion for Windows computer or Sony Bridge for MAC.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite and connect the Sony Xperia E1 smartphone using a USB cable to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
3. A notification should appear on PC suite about a new firmware update. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Download of the new software requires an active Internet connection while installation needs at least 50 per cent battery level on the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine