Sony Xperia E1 and E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Official Change Logs
By Ryan Inoyori | August 21, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Sony Mobile released the official changes of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual.
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard performance and optimisations from Google.
2. Status Bar and Quick Settings tweaks for more intuitive and customisable experience.
3. New user interface based from Sony PlayStation 4 such as new launch animation and live wallpaper for lock and home screens.
4. New Transfer Apps to SD card feature for better management of the internal storage.
5. All new versions of Sony native applications including Messaging and Smart Connect.
6. Updated versions of Sony media apps such as WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
7. Over two million downloadable themes for the Xperia Themes feature.
8. Improved software stability for enhanced performance.
9. Colourful emojis for personalised messaging experience.
10. Enhanced camera experience.
11. Screenshot menu now supported.
Updating Sony Xperia E1
Users of Sony Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual can now update the device using Update Centre app and the respective PC suites from Sony Mobile.
1. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification.
2. Tap on the update notification or go to App Menu > Update Centre app to force software update check.
3. Download the new software from Sony Mobile then follow the instructions provided for installation.
4. It is recommended to download and install the new firmware with high battery level to avoid any power interruption.
Sony PC Suite:
1. Download and install Sony PC Companion for Windows computer or Sony Bridge for MAC.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite and connect the Sony Xperia E1 smartphone using a USB cable to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
3. A notification should appear on PC suite about a new firmware update. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
4. Download of the new software requires an active Internet connection while installation needs at least 50 per cent battery level on the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Players Can Get The Free Character Boost Now And Still Upgrade To The Collector's Edition On Nov. 13, 2014, Plus The Horde Chopper Mount Will Only Be Available Until Sept. 30, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order