Apple iPhone 6 To Feature 828 x 1472 Resolution, Faster Qualcomm MDM9625 Modem On Release Date; Misconstrued 1 GB RAM Debunked
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 21, 2014 12:32 PM EST
According to the latest report, a set of code unearthed from iOS 8 files revealed the actual screen resolutions of both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models. In addition, the upcoming iPhone 6 on release date will reportedly feature a faster Qualcomm modem. Also, earlier reports suggested a lowly 1 GB of RAM for iPhone 6, however that news might not be true. Furthermore, the iPhone 6 launch date is scheduled for Sept. 9.
Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers his keynote address at the World Wide developers conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014.
Based on the hidden code, the screen resolution of the iPhone 6 will be 828 x 1,472 pixels. However, several iOS 8 files pertaining to the Xcode 6 SDK beta release for iPhone point to 414 x 736 pixels screen resolution. Apparently, the Xcode utilises "point values" and hence the revealed resolution of 414 x 736 pixels should be doubled to arrive at the actual iPhone 6 screen resolution. Therefore, the resolution is 828 x 1,472 pixels. It is worth noting that, this resolution is not in-line with the earlier rumours that pointed to a relatively better 960 x 1,704 pixels, according to Phone Arena.
The iPhone 5S comes with a resolution of 640 x 1,136 pixels. In case, both 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models come with the same 828 x 1,472 pixels resolution, then the phablet version of the iPhone 6 will feature a relatively lesser pixel density. Notably, the 4.0-inch iPhone 5S handset's pixel strength stands at 326 ppi. With a 4.7-inch display and a resolution of 828 x 1,472 pixels, the iPhone 6 could likely come with 359 ppi pixel density. When it comes to the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 model, the pixel density would stand at 307 ppi with the aforementioned resolution.
In addition, the upcoming iPhone 6 will reportedly house a Qualcomm MDM9625 LTE modem. This information is apparently derived from a leaked image of the iPhone 6 logic board ferreted by GeekBar. This modem can support up to 150 MBPS of speed. Notably, the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 come with a relatively inferior Qualcomm MDM9615 chip, says MacRumors.
According to reports, the MDM9625 chip is comparatively long-lasting than the ones housed in iPhone 5 series of phones. Apart from this, the chipset will also support next-generation LTE Advanced network.
The leaked schematic of the iPhone 6 picked up by the same site also corroborates the support for NFC. Nevertheless, the GeekBar reported that Apple iPhone 6 will house the same 1 GB of RAM seen in iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S. As it turned out, the reference likely pertains to phone's flash memory but mistakenly interpreted as 1 GB of DRAM, debunks MacRumors. It remains to be seen though if Apple iPhone 6 will indeed house 2 GB of RAM or more following the trend set by Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC One (M8). However, Apple has not confirmed any of the above specifications thus far.
1. Flappy Bird's Unputdownable Successor 'Swing Copters' In The Offing; Release Date Confirmed For Aug 21 [Watch Video] - [Read]
2. Metal-Clad Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (aka Lenovo K920) Features 6-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 4000-mAh Battery And Very Thin Profile - [Read]
3. LG To Debut 21:9 Curved IPS Monitor In September; 34-Inch, 31-Inch And 24-Inch Gaming Monitors In The Offing - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance