$25 Wooden Back Cover For Free On Purchase Of Motorola Moto X; Offer Ends On Aug 21
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 21, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Motorola is offering the most-loved wooden rear cover free of cost for those who purchase the Moto X handset right now. However, it is a limited period offer.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Potential buyers can customise the Moto X through the Moto Maker Web site and avail the wood back cover without shelling out extra dollars. It is worth noting that, the original price of this wood panel is $25. Furthermore, this limited period offer ends on Aug. 21, according to Phone Arena. Hence, readers are advised to utilise this opportunity as soon as possible.
Also, Motorola offers four variants of wood cover on the Moto Maker portal. This includes bamboo, walnut, teak and ebony. The actual price of the 16 GB Moto X model is $349.99 without a contract. And the 32 GB Moto X variant is available for $399.99 outright.
As far as the specification goes, the Motorola Moto X features a 4.7-inch AMOLED display complemented by a screen resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels and 312 ppi pixel strength. The phone comes with a sleek body and flaunts premium look. The phone's exterior is made of durable plastic called PET composite. Although the handset looks sturdy, the weight is kept to a minimum. With the soft-touch finish on the back, the phone is comfortable on the hands and there shouldn't be any problems with fingerprints. Furthermore, the thickness and the weight of the device are 0.41-inch and 130 g respectively.
The handset is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon Pro) Krait processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and a solid 2 GB of RAM. In addition, the handset runs on Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. However, it is upgradable to Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS.
When it comes to memory, the Moto X offers 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of internal storage with no microSD card support for further expansion. Lack of expandable memory is the only negative aspect of this incredible device. Nevertheless, this aspect will be a deal breaker for many smartphone users. Moreover, the smartphone houses a good 10 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. Also, the device is backed by a non-removable Li-Po 2200 mAh battery unit.
The Moto device comes with black and white front panel in addition to a customizable rear panel. Apart from supporting all the standard connectivity options, the handset also supports NFC. Also, the Moto X comes with nano-SIM support.
1. Flappy Bird's Unputdownable Successor 'Swing Copters' In The Offing; Release Date Confirmed For Aug 21 [Watch Video] - [Read]
2. Metal-Clad Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (aka Lenovo K920) Features 6-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 4000-mAh Battery And Very Thin Profile - [Read]
3. LG To Debut 21:9 Curved IPS Monitor In September; 34-Inch, 31-Inch And 24-Inch Gaming Monitors In The Offing - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family