3 PS4 Games Coming Out: 'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls,' 'Playroom' DLC And 'CounterSpy'
By Gel Galang | August 21, 2014 12:23 PM EST
Quite a number of new games are coming out for the PS4. While not all of them are big-named titles, these new titles are out to give more choices for the hardcore gamer.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014.
'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls' Brings In The Angel Of Death
The Ultimate Evil Edition of "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls" is already out for the PS4 and PS3. This will bring more depth to Angel of Death Malthael's role in the "Diablo" universe. With the title comes new modes and a new class, "the Crusader."
Those who have already played through Sanctuary in "Diablo III" would be happy to know that any progress that they've made in that title will automatically carry over to "Reaper of Souls," according to the PlayStation Blog.
In addition, Trusted Reviews noted there are a couple of changes from the original, such as use of DualShock 4, which takes movement beyond a lot of clicking to making use of the analogue stick, D-pad and other controls.
Some fans have even reported a smooth experience with the pre-load option for the PS4 console.
Espionage And The #PS4share With 'CounterSpy'
Dynamighty's espionage game has been in production for a year and a half. It's now debuting on the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita bringing in a crucial mission of stopping the moon from being blown up.
Over at the PlayStation Blog Europe, the creators are inviting gamers to share their own screenshots or GIFs of the game, as sampled already in the link above, which can then be tagged with the #PS4share.
"If you create something particularly spy worthy, don't forget to tweet it over to the @dynamighty Twitter account, where we can see it and share the best ones that were passed along to us."
New DLC For 'The Playroom'
A free DLC is coming to "The Playroom," tagged as the AR Studio. This was announced recently over at the PlayStation Blog, with details on what's coming for the PS4 Camera-driven title.
The expansion will let players turn their own living room into a broadcasting studio, with the added capability of special effects, images and photos ready for designing their own set. The AR Studio makes use of the PlayStation App if players want to use the images and photos in their smart devices.
Attack of the Fanboy also reported that, despite the lack of MP3 support for the PS4, "Playroom" AR Studio does let gamers play music via a USB stick.
"The Playroom" will also get a few more tweaks, including more effects, controller effects, the addition of a dedicated projector for live commentaries and a rating system for broadcasts using the Interact button.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family