Derrick Rose Sat Out Three Days Due To Knee Soreness
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 21, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Here we go again.
Derrick Rose comes back from season ending knee injury. He shows no ill-effect signs and is back to his old self. He succumbs to another debilitating knee problem and sits out another year. Now, he is back on the court doing derrick Rose stuff, running like a jaguar, leaping like a kangaroo and dunking on two hands. Any news that says held out -- knee soreness sure makes fans jumpy and pessimistic of any chance of his return to full form that gave him the 2011 Most Valuable Player nod.
Aug 16, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; United States guard Derrick Rose (6) goes up over Brazil center Anderson Varejao (11) during the second half at the United Center. The United States defeated Brazil 95-78.
The comeback all-star was reportedly held out of practice for three straight days due to knee soreness contrary to earlier reports that he did not participate in any basketball related activity to rest the knees, according to Chris Sheridan. The development raises questions from both fans and USA Basketball head honchos evaluating if Rose can take the rigors of the half-month competition.
If the Chicago Bulls star will not be fully recovered or healthy, Kyrie Irving who got great comments from head coach Mike Kryzewski is poised to get the starting spot. Irving played in 14 limited minutes in the exhibition game against Brazil Monday.
Irving started the fourth quarter alongside Anthony Davis, Klay Thompson, Kenneth Faried and James Harden. During the stint he recorded six points and four assists but it was his defense that surprised Coach K. When asked who else was outstanding aside from Davis who led the team with 20 point, the Duke mentor said "Also, Kyrie's defense, when you get that combination and Derrick on the point, the two of them can play together."
Still, the team would have to make big decision for the day to make the final cut looms. ESPN earlier reported that it would make the announcement on the final 12 or 13 man lineup that will compete in the upcoming FIBA World Cup of Basketball on Thursday after the exhibition game against Brazil.
Aside from Rose, another player who has injury concerns is DeMarcus Cousins who suffered a knee sprain during a scrimmage last week. The Sacramento Kings center is 50-50 to play against the Dominican Republic but he practiced with the team yesterday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues