'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Teases Another Crossover With Spinoff Series 'The Originals'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 21, 2014 11:39 AM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" and its spinoff series "The Originals" will cross paths once again when the two CW TV series return with a brand new season in Oct. 2014. Executive producer Julie Plec teased that another crossover is currently in the works.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Origins Of Dead Pool List To Be Revealed, Watch Episode 10 Promo Videos
Ben Affleck: 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Actor Speaks Up on Fans' Reaction to His Batman Casting
Julie Plec has mentioned at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con that doing a crossover between "The Vampire Diaries" and "The Originals" is hard given that the stories must naturally team up. However, the series creator and executive producer of the show is now assuring the fans that another crossover is possible.
"It looks like we are going to be able to do a crossover in the first half of the season, and I can't tell you what or who or when because it hasn't been shot yet, but things are looking good," Plec teased in an Entertainment Weekly report. There were two crossovers that happened in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 and "The Originals" Season 1.
The first crossover involved Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino) when he left behind Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola) in Mystic Falls to go after Original hybrid Klaus (Joseph Morgan) in New Orleans to seek revenge. The second crossover happened during the 100th episode of "The Vampire Diaries" titled "500 Years of Solitude" where Klaus and Rebekah (Claire Holt) brought Tyler back to Mystic Falls.
In the upcoming crossover, the character speculated to be involved is the resurrected Alaric Saltzman (Matt Davis) due to his status as an Original vampire. However, Julie Plec declared that Alaric will not have the spotlight on the crossover but she is completely onboard with the idea of getting Alaric, Klaus and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) together.
The report further revealed that Julie Plec will be making her directorial debut in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. According to Plec, she initially did not want to sit on the director's chair because she thinks she will be dreadful at doing the job.
However, Julie Plec is now convinced that she can handle the responsibility because of her experience as a producer of the show. "When you are the showrunner, you make all those decisions anyway," Plec shared before adding that the producers and TVD stars seem excited to see what she could achieve behind the camera.
Plec further added that the decisions include every detail possible such as casting, hair, makeup, art direction, theme, camera movements, character journeys and emotions. "You can be that specific when you're collaborating with the director," the executive producer explained. Julie Plec is set to direct "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6, episode 15 but it still subject to change.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is set to premiere on Thursday night, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. ET on the CW Network. As for "The Originals" Season 2, the spinoff series' premiere is scheduled on Monday night, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ET also on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Casting News: One Major Character Not Returning for Season 7 - Report - [READ]
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Devious Maids Actor Colin Woodell to Portray Badass Werewolf Aiden in New Season - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Julie Plec Talks about Big Bad Villain Coming to Mystic Falls - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build