'Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel' Gets Claptrap Demo While GeForce GTX Bundle Details Emerge With Screens
By Gel Galang | August 21, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Fans of Claptrap in the "Borderlands" franchise rejoice--the first gameplay demo featuring The Fragtrap has already been released for the "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel."
The new trailer, seen below, shows off Claptrap's action skill, titled the VaultHunter.EXE as well as IGN's exclusive with 2K Australia's Joel Eschler and Gearbox Software's James Lopez.
Gearbox Software's Andrew Goldfarb expounds more on Claptrap's action skill over at the PlayStation Blog, announcing that it is as "weird" as fans had hoped for it to be. The VaultHunter.exe allows Claptrap one of a number of abilities for a short time.
But this action skill is pretty much a hit-or-miss. Good shot would mean getting the chance to use a version of another Vault Hunter's skill (getting a Funzerking!) while a miss can see you stuck in a bouncing mode or making a mess of things even for your allies.
According to the developers, there's more to Claptrap than they can reveal at the moment, which means more surprises coming later on, once "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" releases on the PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac this Oct. 14.
Xbox Achievements has also done a hands-on with "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel," stating that, while it marches to its own beat compared to other "Borderlands" titles, it actually works.
The addition of new freeze weapons and the value of O2 supplies make the gameplay even more interesting as a transition between titles. So far, "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" is said to be a smaller game compared to the likes of "Borderlands 2," but it certainly has its own streak of enjoyment for long-time fans.
Also, for those playing on the PC, it has been announced previously that "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" has a bundle with GeForce that will give players a free copy of the game with an upgrade of a specific graphics card--choosing from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, 780, 780Ti and TITAN Black graphics cards.
Now the official GeForce website has also released a few screenshots of "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" to convince fans to upgrade. According to the website, there will be an ultra detail mode coming with the PhysX effect, which means an increase in particle density and quality.
"If you have a high-end NVIDIA GPU, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will offer higher fidelity and higher performance hardware-driven special effects including awesome weapon impacts, moon- shatteringly cool cryo explosions and ice particles, and cloth and fluid simulation that blows me away every time I see it!" said Randy Pitchford, CEO and President, Gearbox said in another post.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports