‘Avengers: Age of Ultron': Plot Details, Thanos Cameo And More
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 10:45 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set to premiere on May 1, 2015. Ahead of its much-awaited release date, spoilers and possible plot updates have been popping up every now and then.
Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, is interviewed at a Marvel press line during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The sequel is believed to pick up its story from the end scene of "Captain America: Winter Soldier." International Business Times previously reported the first 20 minutes of the film starts off with an attack on Von Strucker's hydra outpost followed by a victory party at the new Avengers Tower.
The Avengers defeats and captures Von Strucker and the twins, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who fans saw at the end credits of "Winter Soldier" inside a cell in the outpost. The team also retrieves Loki's staff before heading off into their new headquarters to celebrate. The Stark Towers according to IBTimes now becomes the new Avengers Tower since the S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded in "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
Slashfilm reports when the celebration had died down, Tony Stark, Captain America, Hawkeye and Bruce Banner attempt to lift Thor's hammer, the Mjolnir, in exchange for ruling Asgard. Only Capt. America manages to budge it a little. Even Stark using his Iron Man gloves was not successful. Thor calls them "all not worthy" to rule Asgard. Just then a shriek echoed then a voice says "You're all not worthy."
Ultron, still half-made, enters and tells the surprised and unarmed Avengers "there's only one path to peace... your extinction." Then what follows according to Slashfilm is a montage of different scenes taken from "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
The scenes depict destruction, with people running away from a battle. Hawkeye and the other Avengers are helping people escape. Then Tony Stark in his Hulkbuster Iron Man costume is seen battling The Hulk. The green giant throws a car at the Hulkbuster, lunges after the vehicle and pushes it further into the suit. Black Widow is also seen riding her new electric Harley. Scarlet Witch is seen on a bus while Quicksilver speeds around while the battle continues.
Then Ultron, all in his 8-foot metallic glory, no longer the skeleton that once attacked the Avengers Tower, enters the scene. Fans got their first look of the robot from Entertainment Weekly's comic-con preview cover. EW reports the AI was created by Tony Stark so he won't have to battle as Iron Man and so Ultron can lead his other legion of robots in defeating evil. However, Ultron is too intelligent and soon determines for himself that the world would be a much better place if human existence was destroyed.
The video footage, which was revealed during the San Diego Comic Convention, ended by revealing Captain America's shield torn in half. Then Tony Stark is seen standing on a vast field, looking down at what appears to be the dead bodies of the Avengers. Slashfilm hinted they were sprawled out on what could be Thanos' tomb.
According to Comicbookresources, Kevin Feige confirmed during the comic-con panel that Thanos will not be making an appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
"I think Thanos kind of does what he wants, shows up where he wants to," he said, referring to the villain's smirk during the post credit scene of "Avengers."
However, Feige claimed "nothing is definitive one way or the other."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James