‘Avengers: Age of Ultron': Plot Details, Thanos Cameo And More
By Tanya Diente | August 21, 2014 10:45 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set to premiere on May 1, 2015. Ahead of its much-awaited release date, spoilers and possible plot updates have been popping up every now and then.
Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, is interviewed at a Marvel press line during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The sequel is believed to pick up its story from the end scene of "Captain America: Winter Soldier." International Business Times previously reported the first 20 minutes of the film starts off with an attack on Von Strucker's hydra outpost followed by a victory party at the new Avengers Tower.
The Avengers defeats and captures Von Strucker and the twins, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who fans saw at the end credits of "Winter Soldier" inside a cell in the outpost. The team also retrieves Loki's staff before heading off into their new headquarters to celebrate. The Stark Towers according to IBTimes now becomes the new Avengers Tower since the S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded in "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
Slashfilm reports when the celebration had died down, Tony Stark, Captain America, Hawkeye and Bruce Banner attempt to lift Thor's hammer, the Mjolnir, in exchange for ruling Asgard. Only Capt. America manages to budge it a little. Even Stark using his Iron Man gloves was not successful. Thor calls them "all not worthy" to rule Asgard. Just then a shriek echoed then a voice says "You're all not worthy."
Ultron, still half-made, enters and tells the surprised and unarmed Avengers "there's only one path to peace... your extinction." Then what follows according to Slashfilm is a montage of different scenes taken from "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
The scenes depict destruction, with people running away from a battle. Hawkeye and the other Avengers are helping people escape. Then Tony Stark in his Hulkbuster Iron Man costume is seen battling The Hulk. The green giant throws a car at the Hulkbuster, lunges after the vehicle and pushes it further into the suit. Black Widow is also seen riding her new electric Harley. Scarlet Witch is seen on a bus while Quicksilver speeds around while the battle continues.
Then Ultron, all in his 8-foot metallic glory, no longer the skeleton that once attacked the Avengers Tower, enters the scene. Fans got their first look of the robot from Entertainment Weekly's comic-con preview cover. EW reports the AI was created by Tony Stark so he won't have to battle as Iron Man and so Ultron can lead his other legion of robots in defeating evil. However, Ultron is too intelligent and soon determines for himself that the world would be a much better place if human existence was destroyed.
The video footage, which was revealed during the San Diego Comic Convention, ended by revealing Captain America's shield torn in half. Then Tony Stark is seen standing on a vast field, looking down at what appears to be the dead bodies of the Avengers. Slashfilm hinted they were sprawled out on what could be Thanos' tomb.
According to Comicbookresources, Kevin Feige confirmed during the comic-con panel that Thanos will not be making an appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
"I think Thanos kind of does what he wants, shows up where he wants to," he said, referring to the villain's smirk during the post credit scene of "Avengers."
However, Feige claimed "nothing is definitive one way or the other."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed