5 Pet Peeves Australians Have When Travelling by Plane
By Vanessa Doctor | August 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Just like any other person, Australians have their own set of pet peeves when travelling by plane. Many of these are quite common and understandable, but airlines can do better by knowing what irks most travellers, so they can at least spot a incoming conflict from a mile away. Other passengers can also prevent any sort of trouble by avoiding certain behaviours in-flight.
1. Uncomfortable seats or limited legroom
In a study conducted by TripAdvisor, which covered over 4,800 Australian participants, 70% indicated that they were annoyed by having small legroom and uncomfortable seats. People do not like the layout of some airplane seats, as it causes strain on their back and legs. While budget airlines are generally expected to be cramped compared to their premier counterparts, travellers still expect a minimum level of comfort when they are asked to sit through a trip for hours.
2. Boisterous and crying children
Parents should also look for ways to keep their children preoccupied during flights because a lot of Australians do not like crying babies or toddlers throwing tantrums. In a survey conducted by Expedia, passengers are equally annoyed by inattentive parents who think that others do not mind their kids' behaviour. If you are a travelling with children, be sure to always bring different forms of entertainment and prepare for expected discomforts beforehand.
3. Those who mess with their seats
Passengers do not like those who grab the backrest while standing up or whenever the plane experiences turbulence. More do not like it when the one sitting in front of them fully reclines his backrest. People should be more mindful of their backrests since some planes have been readjusted. Fully reclining the seat may occupy too much space behind you.
4. Chatty seatmates
Many Australian passengers preferred sleeping or reading a book while riding on a plane. They do not enjoy chatting with complete strangers. Passengers generally do not mind talking for a few moments before takeoff, but prefer to keep to themselves after.
5. Stinky passengers
A survey was conducted via Escape.com.au to determine the pet peeves of Australian passengers while travelling by plane and many reported that they were very annoyed by those who sit beside them with bad hygiene. It will be best to skip the curry, take a bath or brush your teeth when you're about to go on long flights.
Other pet peeves of Australian travellers include bad service by the flight crew, passengers who frequently go to the bathroom, passengers who open the cabin window so the sunlight directly hits his seatmate, passengers who snore, overly romantic passengers and passengers who look as if they are carrying a contagious disease.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Maria Menounos Lost 40 Pounds; She Follows a Low Carb Vegetarian Diet, Her Weight Loss and Fitness Secrets Revealed
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Danielle Watts Mistaken As Prostitute And Arrested; Accused Police of Racism
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- A Wife's Happiness is More Crucial Than Her Husband's For a Long Lasting, Happy Marriage, Finds Study
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date