Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 21, 2014 8:51 AM EST
Justin Bieber's misbehaving ways continue to haunt the Canadian singer. On Tuesday, shareprices of scent maker Elizabeth Arden tumbled down 24 per cent for its fourth quarter, while sales plummeted 28.4 per cent from the past 12 months to $191.7 million.
Pop singer Justin Bieber is escorted out of the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami. (Reuters)
The firm blamed its poor financial performance on the steeper-than-expected drop in sale of its Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift perfumes, causing the company not to meet its target revenue of $241,64 million.
The company's sales for the entire fiscal year 2014 dipped 13.4 per cent to $1.164 billion, over 10 per cent decline forecast by analysts.
The Justin Bieber-branded scents of Elizabeth Arden include Girlfriend, Someday and The Key, while that of Swift are Taylor and Wonderstruck.
According to the New York Post, part of the weak sales of the perfume maker is a cutback on non-essentials such as celebrity-branded fragrances by lower-income customers, but it did not discount the possibility that some fans are shunning from the perfume brands of these two celebrities because of Bieber's bratty behaviour and Swift's diva attitude.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia