Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 21, 2014 8:51 AM EST
Justin Bieber's misbehaving ways continue to haunt the Canadian singer. On Tuesday, shareprices of scent maker Elizabeth Arden tumbled down 24 per cent for its fourth quarter, while sales plummeted 28.4 per cent from the past 12 months to $191.7 million.
Pop singer Justin Bieber is escorted out of the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami. (Reuters)
The firm blamed its poor financial performance on the steeper-than-expected drop in sale of its Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift perfumes, causing the company not to meet its target revenue of $241,64 million.
The company's sales for the entire fiscal year 2014 dipped 13.4 per cent to $1.164 billion, over 10 per cent decline forecast by analysts.
The Justin Bieber-branded scents of Elizabeth Arden include Girlfriend, Someday and The Key, while that of Swift are Taylor and Wonderstruck.
According to the New York Post, part of the weak sales of the perfume maker is a cutback on non-essentials such as celebrity-branded fragrances by lower-income customers, but it did not discount the possibility that some fans are shunning from the perfume brands of these two celebrities because of Bieber's bratty behaviour and Swift's diva attitude.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date