Intelligence Agencies Hunt for James Foley Beheader Using Voice Recognition Technology, Journalist Was Warned by GlobalPost Editor Not to Go to Libya
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 21, 2014 8:44 AM EST
The British accent of the man who beheaded American journalist James Wright Foley is the key to tracking the terror group identified with the Islamic State of Iraq and Levants (ISIL). Intelligence agencies are trying to know the identity of the executioner who hid his face using a black cloth.
Reuters/Social Media Website v
A masked Islamic State militant holding a knife speaks next to man purported to be U.S. journalist James Foley at an unknown location in this still image from an undated video posted on a social media website.
When the video of the beheading spread in news sites and video sharing sites, the US initially said it would verify if the video is real, but latest report, according to The Telegraph, said that the FBI had talked to the family of the journalist who had been missing since mid-2013. Based on preliminary analysis, there is reason to believe the beheading video is authentic, reports GlobalPost where Foley was a former employee.
Intelligence agencies are planning to use voice recognition technology to help further identify the beheader of Foley who was on a freelance assignment from GlobalPost when he was abducted on Nov 22, 2012 in northern Syria. In his last article, the photojournalist wrote about the growing frustration among civilians with the war.
In 2011, Foley was released after spending 44 days in a Libyan jail. He had previously been part of embedded tours with American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, but he opted to get closer to the conflict in the Middle East by having no screen between himself and the armoured vehicle he rode with US troops as part of the embedded tours.
While his GlobalPost editor attempted to stop him from going deeper into the conflict areas, Foley insisted on going since he didn't want to rely on social media rumours to get more information.
He admitted that part of the attraction of going to these dangerous places was to discover more about the conflict that his brother was experiencing as a soldier with the US Air Force.
Here's more information about Foley is this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Use Of ‘Iggy Azalea’ On Porn Site Shall Constitute Crime
- Islamic State: British PM Cameron To Call For Air Strike After Militants Beheaded David Haines
- Cult Linked To Missing NSW Brothers
- Vatican Car Has Cocaine and Cannabis
- Islamic State: UK Admits It Has No Power To Save Briton Alan Henning’s Head From Being Chopped
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect