Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | August 21, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE users can now update to Android 4.4.2. The new stock firmware comes with build number N9005XXUGNG1. The Android update has started seeding in Nordic regions including Italy. As Android claims, the firmware offers a range of security updates and stability improvement.
Sundar Pinchai, Google's senior vice president of Android, Chrome and Apps, speaks during his keynote address at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco, June 25, 2014
As mentioned, other regions have early access to the stock firmware. Users may have to wait for the update to be available depending on their area and carrier. According to SamMobile, details of the firmware are as follows:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Country: Nordic countries
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:56:29 +0000
Product Code: NEE
Disclaimer: Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following update. Users can update at their own risk.
To install the firmware, follow these instructions:
1. Download and extract the firmware from the zip.
2. Download and extract the Odin v3.09 file.
3. Access the Odin file.
4. Switch the device to Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the following buttons: Volume Down, Power and Home.
5. Connect the device to the computer and wait for the Odin prompt to show up.
6. Transfer the file of the firmware to the AP/PDA.
7. See to it the Re-partition section is unchecked.
8. Confirm with start and wait for the installation to finish.
New details about the Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 4 have also emerged. Companies like Motorola, Sony and HTC have all started rolling out their Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. According to reports, it should only be a matter of time for Samsung to complete the Android 4.4.4 roll out. According to Breathecast, Android 4.4.4 should address the fixes users have been complaining about the Android 4.4.3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft