Dwyane Wade Faces Foreclosure on His Chicago Property
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 20, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Who says celebrities are invulnerable to the anguishes of the housing market? Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade is reportedly facing foreclosure on his Chicago property.
According to TMZ Sports, Wade has stopped making mortgage payments worth $225,000 for his Chicago property. The popular entertainment gossip news website has obtained "legal documents" but it was not revealed how long Wade has been delinquent on his mortgage payments. The said property is located in South Holland, Chicago and measures 7,800 square feet. It has six bedrooms and a three-acre basketball court.
Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade (L) goes up to shoot over San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili during the first quarter in Game 1 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas June 5, 2014.
TMZ Sports further reported that Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches lived in the Chicago house with their two kids until they divorced in 2007. Funches still lives in the house all by herself since Wade ended up getting the custody for their two children.
Wade's lawyer has spoken to TMZ Sports and revealed that Funches has taken over the mortgage payments when they separated in 2013. Funches kept the home, in addition to the big financial settlement she has received, after calling it quits with the basketball athlete. Seemingly, Funches was the culprit because she has stopped paying for the property, the lawyer also revealed.
Wade's lawyer said that the National Basketball Association (NBA) player should be held accountable for not making the payments for the delinquent mortgage. The foreclosure notice was sent on Aug. 11.
The news has drawn varied reactions from people.
"He's a cool guy, she's a jerk," one person commented.
"She has issues and she's trying to continue to live off him and hurt him any way she can," another one wrote.
"So it's only a 225K mortgage and she didn't pay the remaining balance when she received her 'huge payout.'"
In an article by the Sun Times in 2013, it has been revealed that Wade paid $5 million in divorce settlement. Wade has also given a generous financial support to Funches. During the course of their divorce proceedings, Wade has paid a spousal support worth $25,000 each month. Wade has never been late with the house's mortgage payments. Besides, he took care and paid for the house's maintenance and security.
Meanwhile, Wade is set to marry Gabrielle Union on Aug. 20 in Miami.
MORE ARTICLES READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28