Dwyane Wade Faces Foreclosure on His Chicago Property
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 20, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Who says celebrities are invulnerable to the anguishes of the housing market? Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade is reportedly facing foreclosure on his Chicago property.
According to TMZ Sports, Wade has stopped making mortgage payments worth $225,000 for his Chicago property. The popular entertainment gossip news website has obtained "legal documents" but it was not revealed how long Wade has been delinquent on his mortgage payments. The said property is located in South Holland, Chicago and measures 7,800 square feet. It has six bedrooms and a three-acre basketball court.
Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade (L) goes up to shoot over San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili during the first quarter in Game 1 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas June 5, 2014.
TMZ Sports further reported that Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches lived in the Chicago house with their two kids until they divorced in 2007. Funches still lives in the house all by herself since Wade ended up getting the custody for their two children.
Wade's lawyer has spoken to TMZ Sports and revealed that Funches has taken over the mortgage payments when they separated in 2013. Funches kept the home, in addition to the big financial settlement she has received, after calling it quits with the basketball athlete. Seemingly, Funches was the culprit because she has stopped paying for the property, the lawyer also revealed.
Wade's lawyer said that the National Basketball Association (NBA) player should be held accountable for not making the payments for the delinquent mortgage. The foreclosure notice was sent on Aug. 11.
The news has drawn varied reactions from people.
"He's a cool guy, she's a jerk," one person commented.
"She has issues and she's trying to continue to live off him and hurt him any way she can," another one wrote.
"So it's only a 225K mortgage and she didn't pay the remaining balance when she received her 'huge payout.'"
In an article by the Sun Times in 2013, it has been revealed that Wade paid $5 million in divorce settlement. Wade has also given a generous financial support to Funches. During the course of their divorce proceedings, Wade has paid a spousal support worth $25,000 each month. Wade has never been late with the house's mortgage payments. Besides, he took care and paid for the house's maintenance and security.
Meanwhile, Wade is set to marry Gabrielle Union on Aug. 20 in Miami.
MORE ARTICLES READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage