Dwyane Wade Faces Foreclosure on His Chicago Property
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 20, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Who says celebrities are invulnerable to the anguishes of the housing market? Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade is reportedly facing foreclosure on his Chicago property.
According to TMZ Sports, Wade has stopped making mortgage payments worth $225,000 for his Chicago property. The popular entertainment gossip news website has obtained "legal documents" but it was not revealed how long Wade has been delinquent on his mortgage payments. The said property is located in South Holland, Chicago and measures 7,800 square feet. It has six bedrooms and a three-acre basketball court.
Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade (L) goes up to shoot over San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili during the first quarter in Game 1 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas June 5, 2014.
TMZ Sports further reported that Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches lived in the Chicago house with their two kids until they divorced in 2007. Funches still lives in the house all by herself since Wade ended up getting the custody for their two children.
Wade's lawyer has spoken to TMZ Sports and revealed that Funches has taken over the mortgage payments when they separated in 2013. Funches kept the home, in addition to the big financial settlement she has received, after calling it quits with the basketball athlete. Seemingly, Funches was the culprit because she has stopped paying for the property, the lawyer also revealed.
Wade's lawyer said that the National Basketball Association (NBA) player should be held accountable for not making the payments for the delinquent mortgage. The foreclosure notice was sent on Aug. 11.
The news has drawn varied reactions from people.
"He's a cool guy, she's a jerk," one person commented.
"She has issues and she's trying to continue to live off him and hurt him any way she can," another one wrote.
"So it's only a 225K mortgage and she didn't pay the remaining balance when she received her 'huge payout.'"
In an article by the Sun Times in 2013, it has been revealed that Wade paid $5 million in divorce settlement. Wade has also given a generous financial support to Funches. During the course of their divorce proceedings, Wade has paid a spousal support worth $25,000 each month. Wade has never been late with the house's mortgage payments. Besides, he took care and paid for the house's maintenance and security.
Meanwhile, Wade is set to marry Gabrielle Union on Aug. 20 in Miami.
MORE ARTICLES READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date