Dwyane Wade Faces Foreclosure on His Chicago Property
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 20, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Who says celebrities are invulnerable to the anguishes of the housing market? Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade is reportedly facing foreclosure on his Chicago property.
According to TMZ Sports, Wade has stopped making mortgage payments worth $225,000 for his Chicago property. The popular entertainment gossip news website has obtained "legal documents" but it was not revealed how long Wade has been delinquent on his mortgage payments. The said property is located in South Holland, Chicago and measures 7,800 square feet. It has six bedrooms and a three-acre basketball court.
Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade (L) goes up to shoot over San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili during the first quarter in Game 1 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas June 5, 2014.
TMZ Sports further reported that Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches lived in the Chicago house with their two kids until they divorced in 2007. Funches still lives in the house all by herself since Wade ended up getting the custody for their two children.
Wade's lawyer has spoken to TMZ Sports and revealed that Funches has taken over the mortgage payments when they separated in 2013. Funches kept the home, in addition to the big financial settlement she has received, after calling it quits with the basketball athlete. Seemingly, Funches was the culprit because she has stopped paying for the property, the lawyer also revealed.
Wade's lawyer said that the National Basketball Association (NBA) player should be held accountable for not making the payments for the delinquent mortgage. The foreclosure notice was sent on Aug. 11.
The news has drawn varied reactions from people.
"He's a cool guy, she's a jerk," one person commented.
"She has issues and she's trying to continue to live off him and hurt him any way she can," another one wrote.
"So it's only a 225K mortgage and she didn't pay the remaining balance when she received her 'huge payout.'"
In an article by the Sun Times in 2013, it has been revealed that Wade paid $5 million in divorce settlement. Wade has also given a generous financial support to Funches. During the course of their divorce proceedings, Wade has paid a spousal support worth $25,000 each month. Wade has never been late with the house's mortgage payments. Besides, he took care and paid for the house's maintenance and security.
Meanwhile, Wade is set to marry Gabrielle Union on Aug. 20 in Miami.
MORE ARTICLES READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones