'Star Wars 7' Plot Details: CGI Dropped For 'Practical' Effects, Daisy Ridley Role Still Unknown
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Things are going to move in a new direction for "Star Wars 7." It has been recently suggested that the new movie to come from the "Star Wars" arsenal is going to have more practical effects than the CGI. Director Rian Johnson is the one who has suggested that it is interesting to see "Star Wars VII" beating the trend.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
"They're doing so much practical building for this one. It's awesome. It feels like there is sort of that gravity pulling us back toward it," said Johnson to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Johnson also added that the creative minds are going back to the school of traditional effects. For those who are not aware, Johnson is all set to take the "Star Wars" franchise directorial duties from JJ Abrams post the seventh part, according to the reports.
"I probably sound like a grumpy old man talking about it," said the director further, adding, "I do wonder because I think kids are growing up watching those and that's the thing that they love now, so I don't know whether it is a generational thing, and it could be."
Johnson is yet to give details about his involvement in the eighth and ninth instalment of the "Star Wars" film franchise. Meanwhile, "Star Wars VII" lead actress Daisy Ridley is set to return for the "VIII" and "IX" instalment. Ridley currently has more than 7,000 followers on Twitter and it is being said that soon the actress is going to have a major fan following after the film is released.
However, it is not known what role Ridley would be playing in the film. It was previously speculated that she would be playing the daughter of Hans Solo (Harrison Ford) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). It is still not known what part she plays but there has been a strong conjecture that the actress has a vital role to play in the film.
"Star Wars VII" is set to hit theatres next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet