'Star Wars 7' Plot Details: CGI Dropped For 'Practical' Effects, Daisy Ridley Role Still Unknown
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Things are going to move in a new direction for "Star Wars 7." It has been recently suggested that the new movie to come from the "Star Wars" arsenal is going to have more practical effects than the CGI. Director Rian Johnson is the one who has suggested that it is interesting to see "Star Wars VII" beating the trend.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
"They're doing so much practical building for this one. It's awesome. It feels like there is sort of that gravity pulling us back toward it," said Johnson to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Johnson also added that the creative minds are going back to the school of traditional effects. For those who are not aware, Johnson is all set to take the "Star Wars" franchise directorial duties from JJ Abrams post the seventh part, according to the reports.
"I probably sound like a grumpy old man talking about it," said the director further, adding, "I do wonder because I think kids are growing up watching those and that's the thing that they love now, so I don't know whether it is a generational thing, and it could be."
Johnson is yet to give details about his involvement in the eighth and ninth instalment of the "Star Wars" film franchise. Meanwhile, "Star Wars VII" lead actress Daisy Ridley is set to return for the "VIII" and "IX" instalment. Ridley currently has more than 7,000 followers on Twitter and it is being said that soon the actress is going to have a major fan following after the film is released.
However, it is not known what role Ridley would be playing in the film. It was previously speculated that she would be playing the daughter of Hans Solo (Harrison Ford) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). It is still not known what part she plays but there has been a strong conjecture that the actress has a vital role to play in the film.
"Star Wars VII" is set to hit theatres next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe