Robin Williams Working On ‘Mrs Doubtfire’ Sequel Before Parkinson's Drove Him To Suicide
By Annie Dee | August 20, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Robin Williams' films are all noteworthy ones, leaving no doubt in people's minds that he loved what he was doing. However, a new report in relation to his suicide on Monday claims that the seasoned actor was struggling with the idea of returning to the big screen before the tragedy happened, as aggravated by his Parkinson's disease. If he had not committed suicide, the new report claims that the actor is set to appear in four more movies, probably for this year alone.
Floral tributes on Robin Williams, Oscar winner hanged out on a belt at his home, but Never Passes still Remains in the Memory of thousands
The Telegraph reports Robin Williams was already working in four anticipated films at the time of his death including the sequel to the 1993 Hit, "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Night of the Museum 3.
Had the tragedy been abated, "Night of the Museum 3" and another film that Williams was working on, "Merry Friggin' Christmas" will be shown on December 2014. Williams was also working on 'Boulevard." This firm premiered at Tribecca Film Festival this year.
Williams certainly left a void in the industry with this new report. However, a source close to the actor said it is precisely these slated comebacks onscreen that pushed Williams to the edge. Williams apparently wanted to rest from filming but found that it was not easy to retire when he had huge amounts of bills to pay.
"Robin had promised himself he would not do any more as he invested so much in his roles that it left him drained and particularly vulnerable to depressive episodes. He signed up to do them purely out of necessity. He wasn't poor, but the money wasn't rolling in anymore and life is expensive when you have to pay off two ex-wives and have a family to support," the friend narrated to the Telegraph.
Williams did not just find the roles draining and depressing; he also felt that the time he was devoting to acting was cutting his precious time with his family.
"He didn't like being away from the family for too long, which was a big issue for him when he was shooting films. That's why he agreed to do the TV show ['The Crazy Ones']. It was filmed nearby in San Francisco and they were very flexible with him. He was hit hard when they canceled it - it was helping him pay the bills," the friend detailed.
In a fairly recent interview with Parade Weekly, Robin Williams shared that his lifestyle had downsized but in a good way. He even shared that he was selling his ranch in Napa because he cannot afford it anymore. He was also going to do the same with his 50 bicycles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date