Robin Williams Working On ‘Mrs Doubtfire’ Sequel Before Parkinson's Drove Him To Suicide
By Annie Dee | August 20, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Robin Williams' films are all noteworthy ones, leaving no doubt in people's minds that he loved what he was doing. However, a new report in relation to his suicide on Monday claims that the seasoned actor was struggling with the idea of returning to the big screen before the tragedy happened, as aggravated by his Parkinson's disease. If he had not committed suicide, the new report claims that the actor is set to appear in four more movies, probably for this year alone.
Floral tributes on Robin Williams, Oscar winner hanged out on a belt at his home, but Never Passes still Remains in the Memory of thousands
The Telegraph reports Robin Williams was already working in four anticipated films at the time of his death including the sequel to the 1993 Hit, "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Night of the Museum 3.
Had the tragedy been abated, "Night of the Museum 3" and another film that Williams was working on, "Merry Friggin' Christmas" will be shown on December 2014. Williams was also working on 'Boulevard." This firm premiered at Tribecca Film Festival this year.
Williams certainly left a void in the industry with this new report. However, a source close to the actor said it is precisely these slated comebacks onscreen that pushed Williams to the edge. Williams apparently wanted to rest from filming but found that it was not easy to retire when he had huge amounts of bills to pay.
"Robin had promised himself he would not do any more as he invested so much in his roles that it left him drained and particularly vulnerable to depressive episodes. He signed up to do them purely out of necessity. He wasn't poor, but the money wasn't rolling in anymore and life is expensive when you have to pay off two ex-wives and have a family to support," the friend narrated to the Telegraph.
Williams did not just find the roles draining and depressing; he also felt that the time he was devoting to acting was cutting his precious time with his family.
"He didn't like being away from the family for too long, which was a big issue for him when he was shooting films. That's why he agreed to do the TV show ['The Crazy Ones']. It was filmed nearby in San Francisco and they were very flexible with him. He was hit hard when they canceled it - it was helping him pay the bills," the friend detailed.
In a fairly recent interview with Parade Weekly, Robin Williams shared that his lifestyle had downsized but in a good way. He even shared that he was selling his ranch in Napa because he cannot afford it anymore. He was also going to do the same with his 50 bicycles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family