Robin Williams Working On ‘Mrs Doubtfire’ Sequel Before Parkinson's Drove Him To Suicide
By Annie Dee | August 20, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Robin Williams' films are all noteworthy ones, leaving no doubt in people's minds that he loved what he was doing. However, a new report in relation to his suicide on Monday claims that the seasoned actor was struggling with the idea of returning to the big screen before the tragedy happened, as aggravated by his Parkinson's disease. If he had not committed suicide, the new report claims that the actor is set to appear in four more movies, probably for this year alone.
Floral tributes on Robin Williams, Oscar winner hanged out on a belt at his home, but Never Passes still Remains in the Memory of thousands
The Telegraph reports Robin Williams was already working in four anticipated films at the time of his death including the sequel to the 1993 Hit, "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Night of the Museum 3.
Had the tragedy been abated, "Night of the Museum 3" and another film that Williams was working on, "Merry Friggin' Christmas" will be shown on December 2014. Williams was also working on 'Boulevard." This firm premiered at Tribecca Film Festival this year.
Williams certainly left a void in the industry with this new report. However, a source close to the actor said it is precisely these slated comebacks onscreen that pushed Williams to the edge. Williams apparently wanted to rest from filming but found that it was not easy to retire when he had huge amounts of bills to pay.
"Robin had promised himself he would not do any more as he invested so much in his roles that it left him drained and particularly vulnerable to depressive episodes. He signed up to do them purely out of necessity. He wasn't poor, but the money wasn't rolling in anymore and life is expensive when you have to pay off two ex-wives and have a family to support," the friend narrated to the Telegraph.
Williams did not just find the roles draining and depressing; he also felt that the time he was devoting to acting was cutting his precious time with his family.
"He didn't like being away from the family for too long, which was a big issue for him when he was shooting films. That's why he agreed to do the TV show ['The Crazy Ones']. It was filmed nearby in San Francisco and they were very flexible with him. He was hit hard when they canceled it - it was helping him pay the bills," the friend detailed.
In a fairly recent interview with Parade Weekly, Robin Williams shared that his lifestyle had downsized but in a good way. He even shared that he was selling his ranch in Napa because he cannot afford it anymore. He was also going to do the same with his 50 bicycles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories