'Ant-Man' Movie Production Begins: Cast And Release Date
By Sachin Trivedi | August 20, 2014 3:54 PM EST
"Ant-Man" is a comic book character from Marvel. Fans have been expecting a movie based on the character for some time now. Marvel has now confirmed that production for the movie has started. The movie is slated to be released on July 17, 2015 in the U.S and the UK.
Cast member Paul Rudd is interviewed at a press line for "Ant-Man" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
The plot of the movie revolves around a scientist inventing the "Ant-Man" suit and recruiting a con-man to protect the technology from falling into the wrong hands. The suit allows a person to shrink in size while at the same time increasing his strength.
According to the comic books, "Ant-Man" was a member of the super hero teams "Fantastic Four" and "Avengers." Both teams have featured in multiple movies over the years.
In the comic books, "Ant-Man" is seen as a person of good heart who took to a life of crime in order make ends meet. The character is also seen as a loving father who would do anything to save the life of his daughter.
The main villain in the "Ant-Man" comics is Darren Cross. According to the comic books, the character is the CEO of Cross Technological Enterprises. Due to a medical experiment gone wrong, Cross's body mutates.
The cast of the upcoming movie includes Paul Rudd as Scott Lang or "Ant-Man," Corey Stoll as Darren Cross, Evangeline Lilly as Hope and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. The other cast members with undisclosed roles include John Slattery, Michael Pena, Bobby Cannavale, Wood Harris, T.I., David Dastmalchian, Gregg Turkington and Abby Ryder Fortson.
The movie is directed by Peyton Reed who is known for directing movies like "Yes Man," "Bring it On" and "Down with Love." He has also directed TV movies like "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" and the TV series "Back to the Future."
Principal photography has begun in San Francisco, California, for "Ant-Man." The main production base for the movie will be in Atlanta, Georgia. The production team also includes Oscar-winning cinematographer Russell Carpenter and costume designer Sammy Sheldon Differ, known for the movie "X-Men: First Class." The visual effects supervisor is Jake Morrison, who is known for the movies "Thor: The Dark World" and "The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers."
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars' 7 Plot Leak—New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers] [Read]
Singing Sorceress Details Revealed By Author J.K. Rowling [Read]
'Mission Impossible' 5 Casting News: Computer Hacker Luther Stickell To Return [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build