‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Dec. 18, 2015 marks the movie premiere of J.J. Abram's "Star Wars: Episode VII." Despite the secrecy involved in the filming, spoilers and plot details have emerged ahead of its release. The recent reveal includes some spoilers for Han Solo's weapons, costumes and even an update on his possible new spacecraft.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Han Solo Costumes
Indie Revolver posted sketches of what Harrison Ford might be donning on for his character in the movie. The site reports Han Solo may be wearing not just one but two costumes (see pics from the link).
Screenrant adds one of the concept art revealed suggests a similar costume Han Solo wore on the ice planet Hoth in the "Empire Strikes Back." While the other outfit is said to be what a "Star Wars" rebel soldier would wear on Endor or Yavin IV.
Indie Revolver claims the Hoth costume would somehow support rumours that fans would see the planet again. When "Star Wars: Episode VII" filmed in Iceland, few speculated that Hoth will once again be featured. However, production sources reportedly confirmed the planet won't be revisited in the movie.
Indi Revolver claims they have seen about six dozen Han Solo costume designs, hinting at the possibility that Harrison Ford's character may have a few wardrobe changes in the movie. However, the site also notes the sketches are just concept art so there's a chance some of the costumes may not make it to the movie after all.
Other interesting information revealed through the costume designs are the weapon holders.
Aside from Han Solo's usual DL-44 blaster, Screenrant adds both costumes showcase a second blaster holder on the gunbelt, specifically situated on the left hip according to Indie Revolver. This brings fans to speculate whether Han Solo will be arming himself with two weapons in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
Badass Digest adds fans will see Han Solo wield the lightsaber again in the movie.
Han Solo's New Ride
Additionally, Badass Digest reports the mark on Han Solo's Hoth coat suggests he belongs to an Imperial rank. This would support the site's claim that Han Solo and Chewbacca will be piloting a new spacecraft in the movie.
The site reports Han Solo and Chewie will no longer be piloting the Millennium Falcon. Instead, according to the site's sources they will be directing a Super Star Destroyer.
As for the Millennium Falcon's whereabouts, the site claims it would be in the hands of Oscar Isaac's character. Isaac is believed to play the role of Lando Calrissian in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon