‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Dec. 18, 2015 marks the movie premiere of J.J. Abram's "Star Wars: Episode VII." Despite the secrecy involved in the filming, spoilers and plot details have emerged ahead of its release. The recent reveal includes some spoilers for Han Solo's weapons, costumes and even an update on his possible new spacecraft.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Han Solo Costumes
Indie Revolver posted sketches of what Harrison Ford might be donning on for his character in the movie. The site reports Han Solo may be wearing not just one but two costumes (see pics from the link).
Screenrant adds one of the concept art revealed suggests a similar costume Han Solo wore on the ice planet Hoth in the "Empire Strikes Back." While the other outfit is said to be what a "Star Wars" rebel soldier would wear on Endor or Yavin IV.
Indie Revolver claims the Hoth costume would somehow support rumours that fans would see the planet again. When "Star Wars: Episode VII" filmed in Iceland, few speculated that Hoth will once again be featured. However, production sources reportedly confirmed the planet won't be revisited in the movie.
Indi Revolver claims they have seen about six dozen Han Solo costume designs, hinting at the possibility that Harrison Ford's character may have a few wardrobe changes in the movie. However, the site also notes the sketches are just concept art so there's a chance some of the costumes may not make it to the movie after all.
Other interesting information revealed through the costume designs are the weapon holders.
Aside from Han Solo's usual DL-44 blaster, Screenrant adds both costumes showcase a second blaster holder on the gunbelt, specifically situated on the left hip according to Indie Revolver. This brings fans to speculate whether Han Solo will be arming himself with two weapons in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
Badass Digest adds fans will see Han Solo wield the lightsaber again in the movie.
Han Solo's New Ride
Additionally, Badass Digest reports the mark on Han Solo's Hoth coat suggests he belongs to an Imperial rank. This would support the site's claim that Han Solo and Chewbacca will be piloting a new spacecraft in the movie.
The site reports Han Solo and Chewie will no longer be piloting the Millennium Falcon. Instead, according to the site's sources they will be directing a Super Star Destroyer.
As for the Millennium Falcon's whereabouts, the site claims it would be in the hands of Oscar Isaac's character. Isaac is believed to play the role of Lando Calrissian in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate