Nokia Lumia 730 Clears FCC, Scheduled to Be Unveiled on September 4
By Anvinraj Valiyathara Sivanandan | August 20, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 730 has cleared the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) tests. The Lumia 730 is going to be the successor handset for the famous Lumia 720. It is also one of the two Lumia phones that are slated to be unveiled during the upcoming Microsoft show that is going to happen on September 4.
Microsoft Beats Wall Street on New CEO Debut
According to the speculation, the Lumia 730 is also referred to as 'selfie phone'. It means that the smartphone has been specially designed for those people who love to snap photos using the front-facing camera.
The official name of the device has not been disclosed by Nokia but reports are calling it Lumia 730. Fresh leaks indicate that the model number of the handset that has passed FCC tests is the RM-1038 model.
Microsoft will be organizing an event to unleash its future devices on September 4 and on the very next day, the IFA trade show event at Berlin will begin. The other handset that is speculated to be unveiled alongside the Lumia 730 is the Lumia 830.
Since the handset has passed through FCC tests, GSMArena has new information on the dimensions of Lumia 730. It reported that the RM-1038 measures 134.7 x 68.5mm. It is comparatively bigger than the older Lumia 720 measures 127.9 x 67.5mm.
FCC documents also reveal that the Lumia 730 will support connectivity on 2G, 3G and 4G networks. Nokia by Microsoft will also be selling a dual-SIM edition of the handset. And the last thing that has been revealed by the FCC tests is that the handset will support FM radio.
As far as the Nokia Lumia 730 specifications are concerned, it is expected to come with a 4.7inch display screen that will support 720p. The older model supported a smaller display screen.
Since the handset has been dubbed as 'selfie phone', it may be featuring a 5MP font-facing camera. On the rear side, it is expected to house a 6.5MP camera. Other rumours claim that it will feature an 8MP camera at the rear.
It is expected to get power from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1GB RAM. This clearly indicates that the Lumia 730 will slot itself as a mid-tier handset. It is expected to come with 8GB of internal storage space and it will also feature a microSD slot.
Apart from what we came to know through Lumia 730 FCC tests, nothing has been confirmed by Microsoft on the specifications. It will run on Windows Phone 8.1 OS with 'Debian Red' firmware and will be priced around $240.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones