'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Last in Franchise: Michael Bay Moves On, Crew Members Unsure of 'Transformers 5'
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"Transformers 5's" future is in limbo and it could so happen that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" turns out to be the last film in the franchise, according to the reports by Enstarz.
U.S. director Michael Bay takes pictures with his camera on the red carpet as he arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
The director of all the movies in the sequel, Michael Bay, is reported to be backing out of the franchise. Baym who is known for his great visual abilities, plans to shift his focus elsewhere, according to reports by Telegraph. He is all set to hand out the steering wheel of the adventure franchise.
"There's kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make," says Bay to USA Today, about moving out of the "Transformers" world "I have a lot of stories to tell. And it's about flexing new muscles."
Bay has worked on some of the interesting horror films including "Ouija" (and sci-fi thriller "Project Almanac") which are yet to be released. He is also looking forward to work more on TV based projects. He has helmed the TV series including "Last Ship and "Starz's Black Sails."
Meanwhile, another crewmember of the film, Steve Jablonsky recently hinted in his interview that he has no clue of "Transformer 5."
"I literally don't know anything about Transformers 5. I don't even know if they're going to make it,. So I haven't even thought about it at all. You probably know more than I do! Nobody's said anything to me whether Transformers 5 is happening or not.f it does happen, then I will think about it at that point," stated Steve to MStarz.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" released in theatres on June 27, 2014. The movie proved to be a major success in the box office. The film was lead by Mark Wahlberg and it tells the story of Chicago five years after it was destroyed in the last film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide