'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Last in Franchise: Michael Bay Moves On, Crew Members Unsure of 'Transformers 5'
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"Transformers 5's" future is in limbo and it could so happen that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" turns out to be the last film in the franchise, according to the reports by Enstarz.
U.S. director Michael Bay takes pictures with his camera on the red carpet as he arrives for the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
The director of all the movies in the sequel, Michael Bay, is reported to be backing out of the franchise. Baym who is known for his great visual abilities, plans to shift his focus elsewhere, according to reports by Telegraph. He is all set to hand out the steering wheel of the adventure franchise.
"There's kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make," says Bay to USA Today, about moving out of the "Transformers" world "I have a lot of stories to tell. And it's about flexing new muscles."
Bay has worked on some of the interesting horror films including "Ouija" (and sci-fi thriller "Project Almanac") which are yet to be released. He is also looking forward to work more on TV based projects. He has helmed the TV series including "Last Ship and "Starz's Black Sails."
Meanwhile, another crewmember of the film, Steve Jablonsky recently hinted in his interview that he has no clue of "Transformer 5."
"I literally don't know anything about Transformers 5. I don't even know if they're going to make it,. So I haven't even thought about it at all. You probably know more than I do! Nobody's said anything to me whether Transformers 5 is happening or not.f it does happen, then I will think about it at that point," stated Steve to MStarz.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" released in theatres on June 27, 2014. The movie proved to be a major success in the box office. The film was lead by Mark Wahlberg and it tells the story of Chicago five years after it was destroyed in the last film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report