F1 Fans Pay Tribute to Michael Schumacher, #SchumiWeek Trends on Twitter
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 20, 2014 1:59 PM EST
British Formula One (F1) Fan Club initiated a hashtag "#SchumiWeek" to pay tribute to the 45-year-old German racing champion Michael Schumacher on Twitter. F1 fans were encouraged to tweet their memories of Schumacher and use the hashtag "#SchumiWeek." The initiative will reportedly run from Aug. 18 to Aug. 24.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Keep tweeting your Michael Schumacher memories, using the hashtag #SchumiWeek— British F1 Fan Club (@F1fanclubUK) August 19, 2014
In the next seven days, people will get to remember and celebrate the career of world's greatest race car driver. F1 fans led the hashtag to trending status to pay homage to Schumacher and shared their appreciation for the German racer's outstanding racing career. Some people cited their praises on how Schumacher sprinted well in racing tracks.
For the comprehensive coverage of "#SchumiWeek," visit Formula1fanclub.co.uk.
In June, it has been revealed that Schumacher has woken up and has been moved to a medical facility in Lausanne, Switzerland to continue his rehabilitation, after spending nearly six months in a coma following his skiing accident in the French Alps back in December. Schumacher's wife Corinna has confirmed and told German news outlet Neue Post in July that the seven-time world champion was slowly making progress. It was an optimistic statement regarding Schumacher's future health condition. Schumacher's family has not released a new statement on Schumacher's condition since the last update.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS