'Star Wars: Episode VII' Plot Details: Adam Driver Hints That The Movie Has A Universal Theme
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 1:58 PM EST
"Star Wars: VII's" actor Adam Driver recently revealed some details about how it feels to be on the set of the film. The plot of the movie is reportedly being kept under wraps but the cast and crew of the film is giving hints on how the things are on the set.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
Driver suggested that the film deals with a universal theme and that is probably the reason the whole franchise has lasted so far.
"What has made those movies last so long is that they're all grounded, which is something that is not so far off from every movie with huge universal themes of siblings and parents of betrayal and trust," said the actor to Entertainment Weekly about the film. "That's so generic and obvious, but it's hard to balance those things."
Moreover, when asked about the plot of the film, Driver was cautious about not divulging any details. The actor also said that he is very good at keeping secrets and the people around him trust him for that.
"I'm one of those crazy people, if I'm watching the trailer for a movie and I'm really excited by it, I'll turn it off because I don't want to know anything," said the actor to the website. "I want to be surprised because I love that more than knowing anything. I don't think they felt the need to tell me [to stay quiet]."
"Star Wars 7" stars veteran actors like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher. Though it is not confirmed what part in the film Driver would be playing, it has been reported by various sources that he would be seen in a negative role. Driver's character would go against major characters in the film. Reportedly, for Driver the experience of being in "Star Wars" is surreal.
"Star War 7" is going to be released in Dec. 2015. The film has the story by George Lucas. It is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abram, Bryan Burk and has the screenplay written by Lawrence Kasdan and J. J. Abrams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2