'Star Wars: Episode VII' Plot Details: Adam Driver Hints That The Movie Has A Universal Theme
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 1:58 PM EST
"Star Wars: VII's" actor Adam Driver recently revealed some details about how it feels to be on the set of the film. The plot of the movie is reportedly being kept under wraps but the cast and crew of the film is giving hints on how the things are on the set.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
Driver suggested that the film deals with a universal theme and that is probably the reason the whole franchise has lasted so far.
"What has made those movies last so long is that they're all grounded, which is something that is not so far off from every movie with huge universal themes of siblings and parents of betrayal and trust," said the actor to Entertainment Weekly about the film. "That's so generic and obvious, but it's hard to balance those things."
Moreover, when asked about the plot of the film, Driver was cautious about not divulging any details. The actor also said that he is very good at keeping secrets and the people around him trust him for that.
"I'm one of those crazy people, if I'm watching the trailer for a movie and I'm really excited by it, I'll turn it off because I don't want to know anything," said the actor to the website. "I want to be surprised because I love that more than knowing anything. I don't think they felt the need to tell me [to stay quiet]."
"Star Wars 7" stars veteran actors like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher. Though it is not confirmed what part in the film Driver would be playing, it has been reported by various sources that he would be seen in a negative role. Driver's character would go against major characters in the film. Reportedly, for Driver the experience of being in "Star Wars" is surreal.
"Star War 7" is going to be released in Dec. 2015. The film has the story by George Lucas. It is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abram, Bryan Burk and has the screenplay written by Lawrence Kasdan and J. J. Abrams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28