'Star Wars: Episode VII' Plot Details: Adam Driver Hints That The Movie Has A Universal Theme
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 1:58 PM EST
"Star Wars: VII's" actor Adam Driver recently revealed some details about how it feels to be on the set of the film. The plot of the movie is reportedly being kept under wraps but the cast and crew of the film is giving hints on how the things are on the set.
Actor Harrison Ford poses for photographers at a question and answer event about his new film "Enders Game" at a cinema at Leicester Square in central London in this file photo taken October 7, 2013. Ford has undergone surgery on his broken left leg that was injured in an accident on the set of "Star Wars: VII," the publicist for the 71-year-old actor said in a statement on Thursday.
Driver suggested that the film deals with a universal theme and that is probably the reason the whole franchise has lasted so far.
"What has made those movies last so long is that they're all grounded, which is something that is not so far off from every movie with huge universal themes of siblings and parents of betrayal and trust," said the actor to Entertainment Weekly about the film. "That's so generic and obvious, but it's hard to balance those things."
Moreover, when asked about the plot of the film, Driver was cautious about not divulging any details. The actor also said that he is very good at keeping secrets and the people around him trust him for that.
"I'm one of those crazy people, if I'm watching the trailer for a movie and I'm really excited by it, I'll turn it off because I don't want to know anything," said the actor to the website. "I want to be surprised because I love that more than knowing anything. I don't think they felt the need to tell me [to stay quiet]."
"Star Wars 7" stars veteran actors like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher. Though it is not confirmed what part in the film Driver would be playing, it has been reported by various sources that he would be seen in a negative role. Driver's character would go against major characters in the film. Reportedly, for Driver the experience of being in "Star Wars" is surreal.
"Star War 7" is going to be released in Dec. 2015. The film has the story by George Lucas. It is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abram, Bryan Burk and has the screenplay written by Lawrence Kasdan and J. J. Abrams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report