Jim Parsons 'Not Engaged' To Todd Spiewak, Instagrams Denial
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Jim Parsons of "Big Bang Theory" denied speculations that he has already proposed to his boyfriend of 12 years, Todd Spiewak.
Jim Parsons (R) and Todd Spiewak arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
The actor took to his Instagram account to dispel rumors of his engagement according to Daily Mail. He shared a photo of himself with Spiewak taken back in 2003 and captioned it "Still very happy today... And NOT engaged! #justFYI..."
Reports of Jim Parson's engagement reportedly started from a source who told The National Enquirer that Todd Spiewak "has wanted to get married for a long time now." The 41-year-old was believed to have finally asked Todd, 37, to marry him following his salary raise. Each of Parsons "Big Bang Theory" episode will reportedly earn him $1 million from $325,000. Now that he is financially secure, the source claimed he can now finally settle down with Todd.
The source claimed that Todd nudged the new millionaire into marriage after claiming that he "felt like they were just treading water in their relationship."
"Jim has kept telling him he wanted to make sure that he was settled and secure before he took on such a major change, but Todd shot back, 'You are going to be making more than $20 million a year now, how set do you need to be?"' the source said.
Jim Parsons reportedly finally conceded to his boyfriend's claims and proposed. The source claimed that he finally popped the question after telling the graphic designer that "the thought of losing you is scarier than anything I can imagine."
The topic of marriage was also brought up during the actor's guest appearance at the Ellen DeGeneres Show on May 12 (video below). According to Daily Mail, Ellen asked the comedian if he has decided on a date for his wedding to Todd Spiewak in which Jim answered, "I don't know. That is a hard one. You get used to your life as it is."
Jim Parson's sexuality was reportedly revealed last May 2012 during an interview with The New York Times. Writer Patrick Healy said "Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship."
Jim Parson has reportedly signed a 3-year deal to reprise his role as Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory."
Source: YouTube/ Ellen Degeneres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage