Jim Parsons 'Not Engaged' To Todd Spiewak, Instagrams Denial
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Jim Parsons of "Big Bang Theory" denied speculations that he has already proposed to his boyfriend of 12 years, Todd Spiewak.
Jim Parsons (R) and Todd Spiewak arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
The actor took to his Instagram account to dispel rumors of his engagement according to Daily Mail. He shared a photo of himself with Spiewak taken back in 2003 and captioned it "Still very happy today... And NOT engaged! #justFYI..."
Reports of Jim Parson's engagement reportedly started from a source who told The National Enquirer that Todd Spiewak "has wanted to get married for a long time now." The 41-year-old was believed to have finally asked Todd, 37, to marry him following his salary raise. Each of Parsons "Big Bang Theory" episode will reportedly earn him $1 million from $325,000. Now that he is financially secure, the source claimed he can now finally settle down with Todd.
The source claimed that Todd nudged the new millionaire into marriage after claiming that he "felt like they were just treading water in their relationship."
"Jim has kept telling him he wanted to make sure that he was settled and secure before he took on such a major change, but Todd shot back, 'You are going to be making more than $20 million a year now, how set do you need to be?"' the source said.
Jim Parsons reportedly finally conceded to his boyfriend's claims and proposed. The source claimed that he finally popped the question after telling the graphic designer that "the thought of losing you is scarier than anything I can imagine."
The topic of marriage was also brought up during the actor's guest appearance at the Ellen DeGeneres Show on May 12 (video below). According to Daily Mail, Ellen asked the comedian if he has decided on a date for his wedding to Todd Spiewak in which Jim answered, "I don't know. That is a hard one. You get used to your life as it is."
Jim Parson's sexuality was reportedly revealed last May 2012 during an interview with The New York Times. Writer Patrick Healy said "Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship."
Jim Parson has reportedly signed a 3-year deal to reprise his role as Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory."
Source: YouTube/ Ellen Degeneres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money