Jim Parsons 'Not Engaged' To Todd Spiewak, Instagrams Denial
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Jim Parsons of "Big Bang Theory" denied speculations that he has already proposed to his boyfriend of 12 years, Todd Spiewak.
Jim Parsons (R) and Todd Spiewak arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
The actor took to his Instagram account to dispel rumors of his engagement according to Daily Mail. He shared a photo of himself with Spiewak taken back in 2003 and captioned it "Still very happy today... And NOT engaged! #justFYI..."
Reports of Jim Parson's engagement reportedly started from a source who told The National Enquirer that Todd Spiewak "has wanted to get married for a long time now." The 41-year-old was believed to have finally asked Todd, 37, to marry him following his salary raise. Each of Parsons "Big Bang Theory" episode will reportedly earn him $1 million from $325,000. Now that he is financially secure, the source claimed he can now finally settle down with Todd.
The source claimed that Todd nudged the new millionaire into marriage after claiming that he "felt like they were just treading water in their relationship."
"Jim has kept telling him he wanted to make sure that he was settled and secure before he took on such a major change, but Todd shot back, 'You are going to be making more than $20 million a year now, how set do you need to be?"' the source said.
Jim Parsons reportedly finally conceded to his boyfriend's claims and proposed. The source claimed that he finally popped the question after telling the graphic designer that "the thought of losing you is scarier than anything I can imagine."
The topic of marriage was also brought up during the actor's guest appearance at the Ellen DeGeneres Show on May 12 (video below). According to Daily Mail, Ellen asked the comedian if he has decided on a date for his wedding to Todd Spiewak in which Jim answered, "I don't know. That is a hard one. You get used to your life as it is."
Jim Parson's sexuality was reportedly revealed last May 2012 during an interview with The New York Times. Writer Patrick Healy said "Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship."
Jim Parson has reportedly signed a 3-year deal to reprise his role as Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory."
Source: YouTube/ Ellen Degeneres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report