Jim Parsons 'Not Engaged' To Todd Spiewak, Instagrams Denial
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Jim Parsons of "Big Bang Theory" denied speculations that he has already proposed to his boyfriend of 12 years, Todd Spiewak.
Jim Parsons (R) and Todd Spiewak arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
The actor took to his Instagram account to dispel rumors of his engagement according to Daily Mail. He shared a photo of himself with Spiewak taken back in 2003 and captioned it "Still very happy today... And NOT engaged! #justFYI..."
Reports of Jim Parson's engagement reportedly started from a source who told The National Enquirer that Todd Spiewak "has wanted to get married for a long time now." The 41-year-old was believed to have finally asked Todd, 37, to marry him following his salary raise. Each of Parsons "Big Bang Theory" episode will reportedly earn him $1 million from $325,000. Now that he is financially secure, the source claimed he can now finally settle down with Todd.
The source claimed that Todd nudged the new millionaire into marriage after claiming that he "felt like they were just treading water in their relationship."
"Jim has kept telling him he wanted to make sure that he was settled and secure before he took on such a major change, but Todd shot back, 'You are going to be making more than $20 million a year now, how set do you need to be?"' the source said.
Jim Parsons reportedly finally conceded to his boyfriend's claims and proposed. The source claimed that he finally popped the question after telling the graphic designer that "the thought of losing you is scarier than anything I can imagine."
The topic of marriage was also brought up during the actor's guest appearance at the Ellen DeGeneres Show on May 12 (video below). According to Daily Mail, Ellen asked the comedian if he has decided on a date for his wedding to Todd Spiewak in which Jim answered, "I don't know. That is a hard one. You get used to your life as it is."
Jim Parson's sexuality was reportedly revealed last May 2012 during an interview with The New York Times. Writer Patrick Healy said "Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship."
Jim Parson has reportedly signed a 3-year deal to reprise his role as Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory."
Source: YouTube/ Ellen Degeneres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1