Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber All Accept The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 20, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift have joined the ice bucket bandwagon and have both taken part in the challenge to raise awareness for ALS. Taylor Swift nominated Selena and Justin Bieber's on-again, off-again girlfriend readily accepted the challenge.Meanwhile, Justin also accepted the challenge and dared to nominate the President!
Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez at the MTV Video Music Awards 2014
Taylor Swift did the ice bucket challenge alongside her friend Jamie King and in turn nominated her bestie Selena, Emma Stone and fellow singer Ed Sheeran. Selena took the dare almost immediately and thanked Taylor who she called T-swizzy for the nomination as well as Ryan Seacrest who also passed on the challenge to her.
Right after posting the actual video of herself getting soaked, Selena uploaded a follow up in which she nominated new BFF Cara Delevigne with whom she was recently seen hanging out with in Ibiza and Suki Waterhouse. Her final nomination went out to James Franco whose name was printed on her shirt.
Meanwhile, not far behind Selena is of course Justin Bieber who accepted the challenge himself. He was nominated by Scooter Braun and he too, took to Instagram to post his acceptance video. To keep the chain going, Justin nominated comedienne Ellen Degeneres, President Barack Obama and Chris D'Elia.
Numerous other celebrities have taken part including Adam Levine and Microsoft founder Bill Gates. Real Madrid Star and World Footballer of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo also accepted the challenge while wearing only a piece from his CR7 underwear line. Thor lead actor Chris Hemsworth, Jimmy Fallon and Vanessa Hudgens have also taken part in the challenge which aims to raise awareness and bring in donations towards ALS research.
ALS or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a degenerative disease that affects the nerves. Its symptoms include muscle atrophy resulting in rapidly progressive weakness, loss of motor skills, difficulty speaking and eventually the patient will have difficulty swallowing and breathing
Cognitive function is usually spared with the disease only attacking mostly motor functions at its onset. Bladder and bowel functions are only affected in the advanced stage. Stephen Hawking is one of the most popular people affected by ALS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China