Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber All Accept The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 20, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift have joined the ice bucket bandwagon and have both taken part in the challenge to raise awareness for ALS. Taylor Swift nominated Selena and Justin Bieber's on-again, off-again girlfriend readily accepted the challenge.Meanwhile, Justin also accepted the challenge and dared to nominate the President!
Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez at the MTV Video Music Awards 2014
Taylor Swift did the ice bucket challenge alongside her friend Jamie King and in turn nominated her bestie Selena, Emma Stone and fellow singer Ed Sheeran. Selena took the dare almost immediately and thanked Taylor who she called T-swizzy for the nomination as well as Ryan Seacrest who also passed on the challenge to her.
Right after posting the actual video of herself getting soaked, Selena uploaded a follow up in which she nominated new BFF Cara Delevigne with whom she was recently seen hanging out with in Ibiza and Suki Waterhouse. Her final nomination went out to James Franco whose name was printed on her shirt.
Meanwhile, not far behind Selena is of course Justin Bieber who accepted the challenge himself. He was nominated by Scooter Braun and he too, took to Instagram to post his acceptance video. To keep the chain going, Justin nominated comedienne Ellen Degeneres, President Barack Obama and Chris D'Elia.
Numerous other celebrities have taken part including Adam Levine and Microsoft founder Bill Gates. Real Madrid Star and World Footballer of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo also accepted the challenge while wearing only a piece from his CR7 underwear line. Thor lead actor Chris Hemsworth, Jimmy Fallon and Vanessa Hudgens have also taken part in the challenge which aims to raise awareness and bring in donations towards ALS research.
ALS or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a degenerative disease that affects the nerves. Its symptoms include muscle atrophy resulting in rapidly progressive weakness, loss of motor skills, difficulty speaking and eventually the patient will have difficulty swallowing and breathing
Cognitive function is usually spared with the disease only attacking mostly motor functions at its onset. Bladder and bowel functions are only affected in the advanced stage. Stephen Hawking is one of the most popular people affected by ALS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate