‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Despite the secrecy involved in the production of "Star Wars: Episode VII" plot details and set photos have been popping up every now and then. The latest involving the new look of the desert planet of Tatooine.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Twitter user Superhero Report posted on Aug. 19 a photo of what the Tatooine set of the sci-fi film looks like. Movieweb claims some parts of the set were built at London's Pinewood Studios while the other in Dubai. The London set is believed to be where J.J. Abrams shot his "Star Wars For Change" video featuring the X-Wing fighter.
As seen on the photo, the huts on the Jedi Master's planet reportedly belong to the Tusken Raiders aka "The Sand People." Although this hasn't been confirmed yet, previous reports claimed sources saw some of the characters on set.
Movieweb reports it's still unclear how many more scenes need to be filmed in Tatooine. Scenes for Luke Skywalker's home planet were reportedly completed in Dubai.
The first few weeks of filming for "Star Wars: Episode VII" started in the desert plains of Dubai according to Cinelinx. Filming on the desert reportedly wrapped up after two weeks so it was believed fans would see some fairly few scenes of Tatooine in the movie. However, the recent leaked photo could probably prove otherwise.
The site claims the leaked photo could be a month old. But their sources reportedly claimed the new look of the Tatooine set is a recent one.
A photo from Starwars7news, posted on July 24, seem to support reports that some parts of the Tatooine set were built at Pinewood Studios. The site pointed out the makings of a Tatooine set. As you can see on the photo the desert is still half-made, bare of the huts seen on the recent leaked photo. Cinelinx also agrees the huts are indicative of the Tusk Raiders' tents in "Attack of the Clones."
"Star Wars: Episode VII" is slated for a U.S. release on Dec. 18, 2015. Casts include John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, and Lupita Nyong'o. The sci-fi movie is directed by J.J. Abrams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced