‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
By Tanya Diente | August 20, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Despite the secrecy involved in the production of "Star Wars: Episode VII" plot details and set photos have been popping up every now and then. The latest involving the new look of the desert planet of Tatooine.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Twitter user Superhero Report posted on Aug. 19 a photo of what the Tatooine set of the sci-fi film looks like. Movieweb claims some parts of the set were built at London's Pinewood Studios while the other in Dubai. The London set is believed to be where J.J. Abrams shot his "Star Wars For Change" video featuring the X-Wing fighter.
As seen on the photo, the huts on the Jedi Master's planet reportedly belong to the Tusken Raiders aka "The Sand People." Although this hasn't been confirmed yet, previous reports claimed sources saw some of the characters on set.
Movieweb reports it's still unclear how many more scenes need to be filmed in Tatooine. Scenes for Luke Skywalker's home planet were reportedly completed in Dubai.
The first few weeks of filming for "Star Wars: Episode VII" started in the desert plains of Dubai according to Cinelinx. Filming on the desert reportedly wrapped up after two weeks so it was believed fans would see some fairly few scenes of Tatooine in the movie. However, the recent leaked photo could probably prove otherwise.
The site claims the leaked photo could be a month old. But their sources reportedly claimed the new look of the Tatooine set is a recent one.
A photo from Starwars7news, posted on July 24, seem to support reports that some parts of the Tatooine set were built at Pinewood Studios. The site pointed out the makings of a Tatooine set. As you can see on the photo the desert is still half-made, bare of the huts seen on the recent leaked photo. Cinelinx also agrees the huts are indicative of the Tusk Raiders' tents in "Attack of the Clones."
"Star Wars: Episode VII" is slated for a U.S. release on Dec. 18, 2015. Casts include John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, and Lupita Nyong'o. The sci-fi movie is directed by J.J. Abrams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone