Top 5 Things To Look Out For in Steven Soderbergh and Clive Owen's Drama 'The Knick'
By Sonalee singh | August 20, 2014 1:31 PM EST
The premiere episode of Steven Soderbergh's "The Knick" has met rave reviews. The drama series starring Clive Owen in the lead role is about the staff of the Knickerbocker Hospital. The drama is set in the early part of the twentieth century. Here are top 5 things to know about the series:
1. "The Knick" would air on HBO on Friday, Aug. 8, from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m
2. The first episode of the show was titled as "Method and Madness." It showed Owen's character, Dr. John W.Thackery, as the chief surgeon. Owen's character gets the title of chief surgeon when his mentor J.M. Christiansen departs.
3. The main cast of show includes Clive Owen (Dr. JohnThackery), Jeremy Bobb (Herman Barrow), Eve Hewson(Lucy Elkins),Chris Sullivan (Tom Cleary), Cara Sullivan (Sister Harriet), Andre Holland (Dr. Algernon Edwards),Michael Angarano (Dr. Bertram "Bertie" Chickering, Jr), Eric John (Dr. Everett Gallinger), David Fierro (Jacob Speight), Matt Frewer (Dr. J.M. Christiansen), JulietRylance (Cornelia Roberston).
4. Reportedly, the show is not for weak hearted, as it would showcase the brutal side of surgical procedures. The season 1 trailer of the show showed gory images of amputated legs and organs been thrown in a bowl.
"Soderbergh makes a fascinating, oddly homey hell out of the Manhattan of the early 1900s. Starkly divided by class, with the wealthy elites living as European royalty and the lower class reduced to squalid peasantry, it's a city of roiling social animus, lurching into the modern age while leaving plenty of dust and blood in its wake," wrote Richard Lawson of Vanity Fair.
5. The show also shows interesting dynamic between Algernon, a black doctor, and Thackery.
The next episode of "The Knick" is called "Visceral."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier