Robin Williams Told Rehab Friend, ‘When I Go, I Want To Be Clean and Sober’
By Annie Dee | August 20, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Robin Williams' death shocked everyone who loved him personally and admired him as his fans. However, a friend from the comedian's rehab stint came out to say that dying quickly, without anyone seeing it coming or caring for him for a long time was always what Robin wanted. The friend from rehab, Teresa Cohen came out to share what she knew of the troubled comic, and said that Robin's greatest fear was to die while high on drugs and alcohol and for his family to suffer while watching him waste his life through drinking and taking drugs.
Floral tributes on Robin Williams, Oscar winner hanged out on a belt at his home, but Never Passes still Remains in the Memory of thousands
Daily Star UK reports that Robin on his rehab stint, had befriended Teresa Cohen, a troubled mum and shared his greatest fear in life. Teresa shared that that Robin had told her just weeks before committing suicide that the actor wanted a quick death where he is neither drunk nor woozy with drugs. "When I go I want it to be quick and I want to be clean and sober. I don't want to die the slow, agonizing death of an addict who makes everyone around him suffer too. I couldn't stand the agony of checking out that way," Robin told Teresa.
This is why Teresa cannot wrap her mind around the fact that Robin committed suicide and whether he could have done it while sober.
"At first, I prayed to God that when that report comes back there are no traces of alcohol or cocaine in his body because his biggest fear was to die an active addict. But now I feel conflicted and, somehow, would almost prefer his suicide was an act of terrible folly carried out in a fit of depression while he was high. I just can't get my head around the fact that he could do this sober," Teresa shared to Daily Star UK.
Even though a preliminary autopsy demonstrated that the cause of the veteran actor's death was asphyxiation, a toxicology report could take six weeks to prepare. It would take some time to know whether the actor died clean and sober, just like he wanted to die.
Robin's family, friends and fans gathered together for private memorial service in the San Francisco Bay Area on Aug. 16, E! News reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report