Sony Xperia C3 (Dual-SIM) vs. Sony Xperia M2 (Dual-SIM) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 20, 2014 10:10 AM EST
Sony Xperia C3, aka "world's best selfie smartphone," was launched in China recently. The mid-range Xperia C3 will hit the store shelves sometime in August. Meanwhile, the Sony Xperia M2 was released in May. Readers who are interested in the Sony Xperia M2 or the upcoming Sony Xperia C3 should check out this specifications, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior And Size
The Sony Xperia M2 features a 4.8-inch TFT display with 540 x 960 pixels screen resolution, while the Xperia C3 comes with a whopping LG G3-like 5.5-inch IPS LCD display and a relatively better screen resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. In addition, the pixel densities of Xperia M2 and Xperia C3 stand at 229 ppi and 267 ppi respectively.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a plastic body unlike the high-end Xperia devices, which keeps the handset's weight in check. However, the shiny plastic rear is prone to fingerprints and scratches, says Tech Radar. When it comes to Xperia C3, the handset comes with Triluminos display technology that is synonymous with high-end Sony handsets and mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. This combination provides the mid-range Xperia C3 handset with better colour and image reproduction.
The thickness and the weight of Sony Xperia C3 are 0.30-inch and 149 g respectively. Whereas the Sony Xperia M2 is 0.34-inch thick and it weighs 148 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Interestingly, both the handsets are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and 1 GB of RAM.
While the Xperia C3 runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS, the Xperia M2 runs on Android v4.3 Jelly Bean OS that is upgradable to higher versions. Furthermore, both the handsets come with 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB.
Camera And Battery
Both the phones sport the same 8 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash. While the Xperia C3 houses a good 5 MP front-facing shooter, the Xperia M2 sports a VGA shooter at the front. Notably, the Sony Xperia C3 comes with a unique frontal LED flash, staying true to the name "world's best selfie smartphone."
Along with the frontal LED flash, the Xperia C3 also provides an 80 degree target view. Moreover, selfies can be taken in multiple ways. A Smile Shutter function lets the selfie to be captured with just a smile and the other way is to tap twice on the back of the handset.
When it comes to battery, the Sony Xperia M2 houses a 2300 mAh non-removable battery unit, while the Xperia C3 houses a 2500 mAh non-removable battery unit.
1. Both the Sony handsets support NFC.
2. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors.
3. Also, both the handsets support micro-SIM and they come as dual-SIM variants as well.
4. The Xperia M2 comes in black, white and purple shades, whereas the Xperia C3 comes in black, white and mint hues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid