This Indian Businessman Wore A £127,000 Gold Shirt For His Birthday And Eyes A New World Record!
August 20, 2014 9:57 AM EST
An Indian businessman Pankaj Parakh decided to treat himself something really exceptional when he chose an exclusive birthday shirt made of 18-22 carat gold to celebrate his 45th birthday in a way that not many others would do!
File photo shows a labourer working on gold bars at a plant of a gold refiner in Istanbul
He hopes to set a new world record with this eye catchy birthday outfit that cost him a staggering £127,000 Parakh being the owner of a flourishing textile company himself, found it easier to make a customised gold shirt as his birthday outfit.
It was an eye popping way to show off his wealth and his fascination for the yellow metal, gold, which most Indians are passionate about. The best part is that his shirt comes with a lifetime guarantee and it can be dry cleaned and repaired in case of any damage.
The shirt weighing a massive 4kg remains flexible and comfortable thanks to the labour of a team of 20 workers' who have spent 3,200 hours in making this shirt, which may not necessarily appeal to everyone.
"Gold always fascinated me since I was five years old and studying in school," admitted Parakh.
"Over the years, I have become passionate about gold and 'for my marriage 23 years ago, many guests considered me an embarrassment as I sported more gold than the bride.'
"My family is hardly impressed or interested in my love for gold. They just ignore and accept it as a part of domestic life. But the rest of my extended family thinks I am weird," Parakh joked.
Though he is blinded by the sheen of the yellow metal, he always keeps an eye on improving the living conditions of the local populace by taking up voluntary services at the 1,000-bedded hospital, the biggest and best for polio treatment in India.
He is also involved in various other humanitarian gestures such as providing food, medicines, and blankets and meeting surgery expenses for poor patients.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More