Toxicants in Coca-Cola Drinks
By Bindu Jacob | August 20, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Coca-Cola is everyone's favorite drink that every individual cannot resist. Now, it is facing an issue that it contain a cancerous ingredients and the authorities was forced to label "cancer warning" on its bottles and other containers. At this juncture, the company is subject to make some alterations in the ingredient to avoid "cancer warning" label, Reuters reports. Coke and Pepsi decided to alter the caramel coloring elements to meet the requirements of a California ballot that aimed to control the toxic chemicals in the drink. "Consumers will notice no difference in our products and have no reason at all for any health concerns," said PepsiCo spokeswoman, Gina Anderson in her statement.
The caramel coloring that gives cola its brown hue, expected to cancerous; the company planning to reduce the amount of the 4-methylimidazole
1. The caramel coloring that gives the cola its brown hue is expected to be cancerous. The company is planning to reduce the amount of the 4-methylimidazole or 4-MI in the drinks to follow the instructed safety rule of Safe Drinking Water and Toxic and it that will not change its taste. The studies also revealed that the high volume of these chemical elements is subject also to occur cancer in animals.
2. Coca-Cola also contains high sugar levels that will lead an individual to obesity. Report was proven after 126 years of Coca-Cola history. While David Cameron is addressing to the House of Commons, he refers "how big the challenge" to stop his own children from drinking excessively Cocoa cola, the Guardian reports.
3. Cocoa-cola contains cocaine, a tropane alkaloid that is obtained from the leaves of the coca plant. After a newspaper report, the significant quantity of cocaine contained in Coca-Cola that the company admits. A television reports said that it contains of nine full tablespoon of sugar in each can. "Well, over a thousand cans of soda a day that reach the doses administered in the studies that showed links to cancer in rodents", The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said. At the share market, the performance of Cocoa cola and Pepsi hike less than one percent. The researchers conducted study on major branded food and drinks regardless of the amount of coloring agent on each food item.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions