A Degree to Die For: Doctor of Chocolate at UK’s Cambridge U
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 20, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Doctor of Chocolate - it would be a degree that fictional character Willy Wonka should pursue. In real life, the Cambridge University in UK announced on Monday the opening of such a graduate degree programme that would run for three and a half years, fully paid for.
Dark Chocolate offers relief to the patients suffering from PAD.
Having a sweet tooth is not the only requirement for the degree but also an undergraduate degree in physics, chemistry or engineering. The ability to consume large amounts of chocolate bars is definitely not a prerequisite.
According to the university's Web site, the task of the doctor of chocolate is to study "the factors which allow chocolate, which has a melting point close to that of the human body, to remain solid and retain qualities sought by consumers when it is stored and sold in warm climates."
It also includes collaborative work with researchers who are considered experts in studying soft solid, including foods.
Interested applicants for internship have until Aug 29 to file their papers with Cambridge University's Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Complex Alien Molecule May Offer Hints At Origin Of Life
- Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak: New York Scientists Unveil A Cloaking Device [Watch Video]
- Australia's Rising Temperatures Have 'Definite' Links To Global Warming
- Boy Bitten By A Snake During A Visit To The Botanical Garden In Melbourne
- Eerie Reddish Glow Of October 8 Total Lunar Eclipse – Astronomer Reminds Aussies To Enjoy Photo Opp
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate