A Degree to Die For: Doctor of Chocolate at UK’s Cambridge U
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 20, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Doctor of Chocolate - it would be a degree that fictional character Willy Wonka should pursue. In real life, the Cambridge University in UK announced on Monday the opening of such a graduate degree programme that would run for three and a half years, fully paid for.
Dark Chocolate offers relief to the patients suffering from PAD.
Having a sweet tooth is not the only requirement for the degree but also an undergraduate degree in physics, chemistry or engineering. The ability to consume large amounts of chocolate bars is definitely not a prerequisite.
According to the university's Web site, the task of the doctor of chocolate is to study "the factors which allow chocolate, which has a melting point close to that of the human body, to remain solid and retain qualities sought by consumers when it is stored and sold in warm climates."
It also includes collaborative work with researchers who are considered experts in studying soft solid, including foods.
Interested applicants for internship have until Aug 29 to file their papers with Cambridge University's Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants