A Degree to Die For: Doctor of Chocolate at UK’s Cambridge U
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 20, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Doctor of Chocolate - it would be a degree that fictional character Willy Wonka should pursue. In real life, the Cambridge University in UK announced on Monday the opening of such a graduate degree programme that would run for three and a half years, fully paid for.
Dark Chocolate offers relief to the patients suffering from PAD.
Having a sweet tooth is not the only requirement for the degree but also an undergraduate degree in physics, chemistry or engineering. The ability to consume large amounts of chocolate bars is definitely not a prerequisite.
According to the university's Web site, the task of the doctor of chocolate is to study "the factors which allow chocolate, which has a melting point close to that of the human body, to remain solid and retain qualities sought by consumers when it is stored and sold in warm climates."
It also includes collaborative work with researchers who are considered experts in studying soft solid, including foods.
Interested applicants for internship have until Aug 29 to file their papers with Cambridge University's Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Social Media Conspiracy Fires Up Due To Ancient Engraving On Mars [Watch Video]
- Army Of Moonwalkers May Soon Be Ready As Michael Jackson Reportedly Cloned Himself Before Death
- Yuka, A Woolly Mammoth, Is Just 39,000 Years Young, And Wears A Reddish Coat
- Aussies Love Robots More Than The Japanese Do
- Nanoplug Invisible Hearing Aid Comes With High-Tech Features And Nano-Battery That Recharges Instantaneously
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy