‘Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' Women Includes Eva Green, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jamie Chung And Lady Gaga [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | August 19, 2014 7:40 PM EST
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" which will be shown in U.S. theatres on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 features a lot of women including Eva Green (Ava Lord), Jessica Alba (Nancy Callahan), Rosario Dawson (Gail), Jamie Chung (Miho) and Lady Gaga (Bertha). Read on to learn more about their roles in the second installment of the Frank Miller movie.
Cast member Jessica Alba poses at a press line for "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
Eva Green As Ava Lord:
Ava Lord is a femme fatale who was Dwight McCarthy's (Josh Brolin) ex-lover. She uses her beauty to manipulate men into doing what she wants. She is married to Damien Lord (Marton Csokas), a rich and powerful man, who abuses her. Ava also has a bodyguard named Manute (Dennis Haysbert). Ava meets up with Dwight in "A Dame to Kill For" and asks for his help to escape from the clutches of her husband Damien. However, Ava has other plans of her own that are far more complicated than she led Dwight to believe.
Jessica Alba As Nancy Callahan:
Those who've watched "Sin City" in 2005 will remember Nancy Callahan, the exotic dancer who works at Kadie's Bar in Basin City. She was rescued by John Hartigan (Bruce Willis) from Roark Junior (Nick Stahl), also known as "The Yellow Bastard," a pedophile who victimizes young girls by raping and killing them. Alba reprises her role and appears in "Just Another Saturday Night" and "Nancy's Last Dance."
Rosario Dawson As Gail:
Dawson plays Gail, an enforcer of The Girls of Old Town, a group of prostitutes who govern themselves. Gail is described as a dominatrix. Her favourite weapon is the Uzi submachine gun. Like Ava Lord, she is also involved with Dwight McCarthy.
Jamie Chung As Miho:
Miho is the other enforcer of The Girls of Old Town. She uses roller skates and katana samurai swords. Aside from these, she also uses a Mongolian bow and throwing stars shaped like the Manji symbol. In "Sin City," Miho was played by model/actress Devon Aoki. Chung stepped in to replace Aoki as Miho in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For."
Lady Gaga As Bertha:
The pop star will make a cameo in the film as a waitress named Bertha. According to a post on her official Instagram account, she will appear in a scene with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who plays the character Johnny. Click HERE to view the said Instagram photo.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is written by Frank Miller, who also directed it along with Robert Rodriguez. It is the sequel to 2005's "Sin City." Like the first film, it has a star-studded cast. Aside from Green, Alba, Dawson, Chung and Lady Gaga, it also stars Bruce Willis (John Hartigan), Mickey Rourke (Marv), Jaime King (Goldie and Wendy), Powers Boothe (Senator Roark) and Jude Ciccolella (Liebowitz).
Plus, there are newer additions to the "Sin City" franchise such as Josh Brolin (Dwight McCarthy) Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Johnny), Juno Temple (Sally), Ray Liotta (Joey), Jeremy Piven (Bob), Alexa PenaVega (Gilda), Stacy Keach (Wallenquist), Dennis Haysbert (Manute), Julia Garner (Marcy), Christopher Meloni (Mort), Marton Csokas (Damien Lord), Crystal McCahill and Christopher Lloyd (Kroenig).
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" is based on Miller's series of neo-noir comics. Below is a list of the books in the graphic novel series.
1. "The Hard Goodbye" - Episodes #1-13 of 13 from Dark Horse 5th Anniversary Special and Dark Horse Presents issues #51-62
2. "A Dame to Kill For" - Issues #1-6 of 6
3. "The Big Fat Kill" - Issues #1-5 of 5
4. "That Yellow Bastard" - Issues #1-6 of 6
5. "Family Values" - 128-page original graphic novel
6. "Booze, Broads, & Bullets" - A number of one-shots
7. "Hell and Back" - Issues #1-9 of 9
"Sin City" featured the books "The Hard Goodbye," "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard." On the other hand, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will feature the book "A Dame to Kill For." It also includes the short story "Just Another Saturday Night" from the book "Booze, Broads, & Bullets."
For more updates about "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For," as well as other news about entertainment, technology, business, finance, sports, health and science, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" Trailer And Film Clips Below:
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" - Comic-Con Red Band Trailer - Dimension Films
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" - "Trigger" Clip - Dimension Films
Frank Miller's "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" - "Talk Review" Clip - Dimension Films
READ MORE ABOUT "SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation