Melissa George Accuses Morning Show Staff of Calling Her ‘Aussie B----’
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 19, 2014 5:40 PM EST
Australian actress Melissa George said that she had overheard "The Morning Show" staff calling her an "Aussie b----." That was the reason, she said, that she had a public meltdown while the Australian breakfast show was on air in 2012.
The Australian actress, who had her biggest break in "Home and Away," spoke about the incident to Sunday Life. She also said that she had overheard the staff talk about their plans on censoring discussion related to her roles on other networks. They apparently wanted her to focus only on her portrayal of Angel Parrish, a role which eventually brought about a huge push in her career.
Melissa spoke with the Fairfax Media magazine to clarify her stance. "I overheard before I went out on stage, 'Let's not talk about Hunted or The Slap or anything, because they're not our network. Let's have the Aussie b---- promote Home and Away'," she said. The spokesperson for "The Morning Show," meanwhile, denied the allegation. According to News.com.au, the network was "[at] a loss on the claim as it did not happen."
Melissa later threatened to walk off the show if Kylie Gillies and Larry Emdur, the hosts of the morning show, asked her to talk about Angel Parrish or "Home and Away." According to witnesses, the apparent tantrums of the Aussie actress seemed to be "unbelievable" and "erratic."
While the TV crew were shocked at Melissa's behaviour, Sarah Stinson, executive producer of the show, later claimed that she had thought it to be a prank by the actress. "She kept saying she's had so many bigger roles since Home and Away that it was offensive to talk about it," an insider told Sydney's Daily Telegraph on the 2012 incident.
Melissa said that she had never talked about the reason behind her behaviour before as she had "to be the loyal good Aussie, who goes away and comes home." "My next call will be to Home and Away to ask them to pay me because nobody does more promotion for that f------ show than me," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best