Bride-To-Be Loses 57 Kilograms Before Wedding, Slimming World's Woman of the Year
By Afza Fathima | August 19, 2014 3:31 PM EST
Grace Peacock, 21-years old from South Yorkshire in England, was 115 kg when her soon-to-be husband, Dan Newsome, failed to carry her while practicing for their wedding. That is when she decided that she had to lose weight.
She told the UK's Mirror that while attempting to carry her, he failed and then he tried to brush it off and asked for a hug. She then tried to joke about not wanting to be dragged over the threshold of her house but that incident really upset her.
She was always made fun of when she was younger because of her weight, and this led to her not going to shops and buying clothes, rather opting for online shopping.
Due to her embarrassment, she even avoided going out with her friends because they loved clicking pictures and putting it up on social media which she wanted to avoid as she would be tagged as well.
She has lost almost half her body weight now, losing a massive 57 kg, weighing just 58 kg currently. In two years time, she has shrunk from being a Size 22 to a Size 10 and for the first time, comfortable wearing a bikini.
Two years ago, she began to go on long walks with her dogs and joined a gym with her fiance. In February 2013, she joined Slimming World, a weight loss diet program, with her sister, Megan Allatt.
The program started showing results in three months when she went down to being a Size 16. She updated her weight loss on social media and received 2,000 likes on Facebook for going down from a Size 22 to a Size 14 and this encouragement helped her to keep going. In 2014, she won Slimming World's Woman of the Year award.
Apart from the diet that she followed, she would also go to the gym and runs on the treadmill four times a week for five kilometres.
Her biggest excitement is to try on her wedding dress. She and her fiance had bought a new home a year ago because of which they haven't set a date yet. She hopes that it will be in 2016, which she feels is enough time for Dan to practise carrying her around.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- Ebola Virus Outbreak Origin Traced To Bats – Report
- Demi Lovato Battled Bulimia and Negative Body Image: Turns into Role Model For Many; Her Diet and Fitness Routine
- Beyonce Reveals Snaps Of Naked Baby Bump While She Was Expecting Blue Ivy; How She Lost Her Pregnancy Weight [Watch Video]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L