Jackie Chan's Son Jaycee was Arrested on Drug Charges
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 19, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The Junior Chan, Jaycee, son of Jackie Chan was arrested and detained on drugs charges together with 23 years old Taiwanese actor Kai Ko Chen-tung.
REUTERS/Tyrone Siu(L)/ Steven
A combination of file photographs show Hong Kong actor Jaycee Chan (L) arriving at the Hong Kong Film Awards April 19, 2009 and Taiwanese actor Kai Ko at the 48th Golden Horse Film Awards in Hsinchu, northern Taiwan November 26, 2011. Jaycee Chan, son of martial arts superstar Jackie Chan, has been arrested in Beijing in connection with possible drug use. According to reports by Chinese online and state media on August 18, 2014, Jaycee Chan (aka Fang Zuming) was present when Taiwanese actor Kai Ko (aka Ko Chen-tung) was recently arrested on drugs charges. Pictures taken April 19, 2009 (L) and November 26, 2011.
Jaycee was arrested in Beijing on Thursday, but the news got revealed only a few hours back. The arrest was made when there was a drug bust in the Chinese capital. Later on when the actors had to go through medical examinations, they were tested positive for marijuana. At the same time, the actors confessed that they had smoked pot.
According to Beijing police, the 32-year-old son of the movie icon was arrested among other suspects. It was confirmed last Monday, Aug 18 that there was a raid at Jaycee's residence situated in Dongcheng. More than 100 gm of marijuana was confiscated from his house.
The arrest happens to be a pretty high profile, one that has already caused quite a sensation in Chinese media. The Taiwanese actor is quite a popular figure among the younger audience after he featured in the "Tiny Times franchise" and "You Are the Apple of My Eye". Along with mainland China, there is media uproar in Taiwan and Hong Kong as well.
The junior Chan, also known as Fang Zuming, was not as successful as his father in terms of box office performance. In fact, the actor who was brought up in the United States had to suffer several box office disasters to his name. The relation between the father and the son has been reportedly tense.
Jackie Chan made a shocking announcement in 2012 that his entire fortune worth $130 million would go to charity. Jackie had some other arguments while some believed that it was his way of disowning his only son. One of the most successful actors on the planet said that his wealth would not go to his son.
"If he is capable, he can make his own money. If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money," Jackie said at an award ceremony in Beijing. The veteran actor also expressed his regret for not sending his son to the army. Jackie believed that his son would be earned "life experience and character" in the army.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS