'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
By Tanya Diente | August 19, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Bookies have waged their bets on who will be the most fitting actress to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' in "Doctor Who" following the recent report that Jenna-Louise Coleman has decided to leave the show. Rose Leslie is reportedly favoured for the role based on the betting results.
Scottish actor Peter Capaldi arrives for the world premiere of his film "World War Z" in London June 2, 2013.
Mirror UK reports betting odds from Ladbrokes suggests Leslie will likely be the next Time Lord assistant. Latest numbers reveal the 27-year old actress, who played as Ygritte in "Game of Thrones," could step out of the Tardis and be the Doctor's new companion. Bookies favoured her with a 14/1 odds.
According to the site, the betting company even got a 16/1 odds on whether Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison will team up once again. Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes reportedly said that "punters don't seem to mind too much" about Coleman' exit from the show. She claimed fans "are placing bets on a Capaldi-Addison reunion."
The same 16/1 odds reportedly also go to "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress Karen Gillan for her to make a comeback to "Doctor Who."
Unreality Prime Time reports other actresses wagered to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' include Jessica Brown-Findlay and Kerrie Hayes, who were also given a 16/1 odds. Fans of the BBC drama can check the other names on the actresses from Unreality Prime Time.
Jenna-Louise Coleman will be exiting the show at the end of the year, according to a previous report from Mirror UK. The site claimed the 28-year old once referred to her role in "Doctor Who" as a once-in-a-lifetime job.
"It's one of those jobs that will only happen once - the whole adventure that it brings," she said.
The actress even gave some words of advice when she said "the key is not to worry about the future, and enjoy it."
Coleman is believed to quit her role as the Doctor's assistant on the show's planned 2014 Christmas storyline. She has reportedly portrayed the role of Clara Oswald for 18 months. According to the site, a source claimed "by the time she leaves she will be one of the longest-standing companions ever." Other actresses who portrayed the Time Lord' assistant includes Karen Gillan as Amy Pond, Catherine Tate as Donna Noble and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.
"She has been absolutely brilliant in the role, but everyone agrees it is a part that should change after a period," the source said.
The source added Coleman's decision to leave was "very much a mutual decision."
Source: YouTube/ Doctor Who
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports