'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
By Tanya Diente | August 19, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Bookies have waged their bets on who will be the most fitting actress to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' in "Doctor Who" following the recent report that Jenna-Louise Coleman has decided to leave the show. Rose Leslie is reportedly favoured for the role based on the betting results.
Scottish actor Peter Capaldi arrives for the world premiere of his film "World War Z" in London June 2, 2013.
Mirror UK reports betting odds from Ladbrokes suggests Leslie will likely be the next Time Lord assistant. Latest numbers reveal the 27-year old actress, who played as Ygritte in "Game of Thrones," could step out of the Tardis and be the Doctor's new companion. Bookies favoured her with a 14/1 odds.
According to the site, the betting company even got a 16/1 odds on whether Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison will team up once again. Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes reportedly said that "punters don't seem to mind too much" about Coleman' exit from the show. She claimed fans "are placing bets on a Capaldi-Addison reunion."
The same 16/1 odds reportedly also go to "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress Karen Gillan for her to make a comeback to "Doctor Who."
Unreality Prime Time reports other actresses wagered to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' include Jessica Brown-Findlay and Kerrie Hayes, who were also given a 16/1 odds. Fans of the BBC drama can check the other names on the actresses from Unreality Prime Time.
Jenna-Louise Coleman will be exiting the show at the end of the year, according to a previous report from Mirror UK. The site claimed the 28-year old once referred to her role in "Doctor Who" as a once-in-a-lifetime job.
"It's one of those jobs that will only happen once - the whole adventure that it brings," she said.
The actress even gave some words of advice when she said "the key is not to worry about the future, and enjoy it."
Coleman is believed to quit her role as the Doctor's assistant on the show's planned 2014 Christmas storyline. She has reportedly portrayed the role of Clara Oswald for 18 months. According to the site, a source claimed "by the time she leaves she will be one of the longest-standing companions ever." Other actresses who portrayed the Time Lord' assistant includes Karen Gillan as Amy Pond, Catherine Tate as Donna Noble and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.
"She has been absolutely brilliant in the role, but everyone agrees it is a part that should change after a period," the source said.
The source added Coleman's decision to leave was "very much a mutual decision."
Source: YouTube/ Doctor Who
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery