'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
By Tanya Diente | August 19, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Bookies have waged their bets on who will be the most fitting actress to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' in "Doctor Who" following the recent report that Jenna-Louise Coleman has decided to leave the show. Rose Leslie is reportedly favoured for the role based on the betting results.
Scottish actor Peter Capaldi arrives for the world premiere of his film "World War Z" in London June 2, 2013.
Mirror UK reports betting odds from Ladbrokes suggests Leslie will likely be the next Time Lord assistant. Latest numbers reveal the 27-year old actress, who played as Ygritte in "Game of Thrones," could step out of the Tardis and be the Doctor's new companion. Bookies favoured her with a 14/1 odds.
According to the site, the betting company even got a 16/1 odds on whether Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison will team up once again. Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes reportedly said that "punters don't seem to mind too much" about Coleman' exit from the show. She claimed fans "are placing bets on a Capaldi-Addison reunion."
The same 16/1 odds reportedly also go to "Guardians of the Galaxy" actress Karen Gillan for her to make a comeback to "Doctor Who."
Unreality Prime Time reports other actresses wagered to play as the new 'Clara Oswald' include Jessica Brown-Findlay and Kerrie Hayes, who were also given a 16/1 odds. Fans of the BBC drama can check the other names on the actresses from Unreality Prime Time.
Jenna-Louise Coleman will be exiting the show at the end of the year, according to a previous report from Mirror UK. The site claimed the 28-year old once referred to her role in "Doctor Who" as a once-in-a-lifetime job.
"It's one of those jobs that will only happen once - the whole adventure that it brings," she said.
The actress even gave some words of advice when she said "the key is not to worry about the future, and enjoy it."
Coleman is believed to quit her role as the Doctor's assistant on the show's planned 2014 Christmas storyline. She has reportedly portrayed the role of Clara Oswald for 18 months. According to the site, a source claimed "by the time she leaves she will be one of the longest-standing companions ever." Other actresses who portrayed the Time Lord' assistant includes Karen Gillan as Amy Pond, Catherine Tate as Donna Noble and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.
"She has been absolutely brilliant in the role, but everyone agrees it is a part that should change after a period," the source said.
The source added Coleman's decision to leave was "very much a mutual decision."
Source: YouTube/ Doctor Who
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate