Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 19, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Former National Football League (NFL) quarterback Tim Tebow has starred in a new commercial for Southern Eastern Conference (SEC) Network, a new ESPN channel that is dedicated to the U.S.' top football conference. Tebow, who just celebrated his 27th birthday on Aug. 14, was seen wearing collared shirt, golf pants, and a beret to complete his proper golf attire while playing mini-golf.
Former NFL player Tim Tebow arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Tebow was promoting SEC Network's new program SEC Nation, which airs every Saturday, in the new trailer. He was joined by some of his co-hosts. Tebow will work as an analyst for the show, who will get to travel to different campus each week.
Speaking to SI.com, Tebow spoke about his new gig at ESPN's SEC Network. Tebow revealed that he knew nothing about his co-hosts, Marcus Spears, Kaylee Hartung, Paul Finebaum, and Joe Tessitore, until they all got together, but he had a "great rapport" with them. Tebow added that there weren't any tensions among them because they "have a lot of fun together," which builds the "chemistry."
From playing professional football to being a college football analyst, Tebow didn't really find it hard to shift careers. "My relationships with everyone at ESPN were really good, and they kind of told me how it was going to be," Tebow told SI.com.
"Nothing has really caught me by surprise," Tebow added.
According to Tebow, he has been doing his research, studying and talking to many people. However, he admitted that his experience during the national title game has helped him prepare for his new job. Tebow said it was a "great opportunity."
"Doing the national championship and doing it all day gave me a great amount of experience, I knew what to expect with this."
The 27-year-old former quarterback led Florida to its second national championship in three years in 2008. Tebow made his debut as an analyst in January during ESPN's pregame coverage of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) National Championship.
Tebow joined the ESPN family in December. In addition to SEC Nation, a number of programs has been lined up for the former Heisman Trophy winner including "Sports Center," "ESPN Radio," and the network's coverage of Heisman Trophy.
Watch Tebow's commercial for SEC Nation.
Video courtesy: YouTube/ESPN
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage