Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 19, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Former National Football League (NFL) quarterback Tim Tebow has starred in a new commercial for Southern Eastern Conference (SEC) Network, a new ESPN channel that is dedicated to the U.S.' top football conference. Tebow, who just celebrated his 27th birthday on Aug. 14, was seen wearing collared shirt, golf pants, and a beret to complete his proper golf attire while playing mini-golf.
Former NFL player Tim Tebow arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Tebow was promoting SEC Network's new program SEC Nation, which airs every Saturday, in the new trailer. He was joined by some of his co-hosts. Tebow will work as an analyst for the show, who will get to travel to different campus each week.
Speaking to SI.com, Tebow spoke about his new gig at ESPN's SEC Network. Tebow revealed that he knew nothing about his co-hosts, Marcus Spears, Kaylee Hartung, Paul Finebaum, and Joe Tessitore, until they all got together, but he had a "great rapport" with them. Tebow added that there weren't any tensions among them because they "have a lot of fun together," which builds the "chemistry."
From playing professional football to being a college football analyst, Tebow didn't really find it hard to shift careers. "My relationships with everyone at ESPN were really good, and they kind of told me how it was going to be," Tebow told SI.com.
"Nothing has really caught me by surprise," Tebow added.
According to Tebow, he has been doing his research, studying and talking to many people. However, he admitted that his experience during the national title game has helped him prepare for his new job. Tebow said it was a "great opportunity."
"Doing the national championship and doing it all day gave me a great amount of experience, I knew what to expect with this."
The 27-year-old former quarterback led Florida to its second national championship in three years in 2008. Tebow made his debut as an analyst in January during ESPN's pregame coverage of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) National Championship.
Tebow joined the ESPN family in December. In addition to SEC Nation, a number of programs has been lined up for the former Heisman Trophy winner including "Sports Center," "ESPN Radio," and the network's coverage of Heisman Trophy.
Watch Tebow's commercial for SEC Nation.
Video courtesy: YouTube/ESPN
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them