Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 19, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Former National Football League (NFL) quarterback Tim Tebow has starred in a new commercial for Southern Eastern Conference (SEC) Network, a new ESPN channel that is dedicated to the U.S.' top football conference. Tebow, who just celebrated his 27th birthday on Aug. 14, was seen wearing collared shirt, golf pants, and a beret to complete his proper golf attire while playing mini-golf.
Former NFL player Tim Tebow arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Tebow was promoting SEC Network's new program SEC Nation, which airs every Saturday, in the new trailer. He was joined by some of his co-hosts. Tebow will work as an analyst for the show, who will get to travel to different campus each week.
Speaking to SI.com, Tebow spoke about his new gig at ESPN's SEC Network. Tebow revealed that he knew nothing about his co-hosts, Marcus Spears, Kaylee Hartung, Paul Finebaum, and Joe Tessitore, until they all got together, but he had a "great rapport" with them. Tebow added that there weren't any tensions among them because they "have a lot of fun together," which builds the "chemistry."
From playing professional football to being a college football analyst, Tebow didn't really find it hard to shift careers. "My relationships with everyone at ESPN were really good, and they kind of told me how it was going to be," Tebow told SI.com.
"Nothing has really caught me by surprise," Tebow added.
According to Tebow, he has been doing his research, studying and talking to many people. However, he admitted that his experience during the national title game has helped him prepare for his new job. Tebow said it was a "great opportunity."
"Doing the national championship and doing it all day gave me a great amount of experience, I knew what to expect with this."
The 27-year-old former quarterback led Florida to its second national championship in three years in 2008. Tebow made his debut as an analyst in January during ESPN's pregame coverage of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) National Championship.
Tebow joined the ESPN family in December. In addition to SEC Nation, a number of programs has been lined up for the former Heisman Trophy winner including "Sports Center," "ESPN Radio," and the network's coverage of Heisman Trophy.
Watch Tebow's commercial for SEC Nation.
Video courtesy: YouTube/ESPN
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy