'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
By Tanya Diente | August 19, 2014 1:55 PM EST
Fans of "GTA V" may be happy to know that the much anticipated PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game have been confirmed for a fall release. Likewise, a new report claimed PC and online versions will also bring in new DLC updates.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Rockstar's parent company Take-Two Interactive has announced that "Grand Theft Auto V is planned for release this fall on PS4, Xbox One and PC, bringing across-the-board graphical and technical enhancements to the game's already breathtaking open world experience."
However, there is no specific date set yet. International Business Times previously reported a Nov. 11 release date for the next-gen version of "GTA V" in North America and Nov. 14 in Europe. However, Epoch Times claims Danish retailer Coolshop said the game would be released on Dec. 31.
Along with the release, new exciting updates to downloadble contents are said to make the game even more enjoyable to play. According to Epoch Times the PC version will finally allow players to use mods.
Forbes writer Dave Thier said user-created mods make it possible for games such as the "Grand Theft Auto V" and "Skyrim" to "extend their lifespan."
Rockstar also promises to deliver across-the-board graphical and technical improvements that will "deliver a stunning new level of detail" to the game's PS4, Xbox One and PC versions. Players should expect an increase in draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic and enhanced resolutions that would "bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North's epic reimagining of Southern California."
Updates to the next-gen version will reportedly also carry over to "Grand Theft Auto Online." DLC update for the online gameplay will allow multiple users to play together in their quest to up their criminal ranks. Players will likewise be able to carry over their saved online characters and gameplay to the next-gen platform of their choosing.
A YouTube channel dedicated to anything "GTA" recently revealed a leak for "GTA V" for the Xbox One. DomisLive claimed it discovered a code for an Xbox One DLC pack called "Heists." The leak featured few new playable characters including a parachutist, sniper, hacker, hired gun and leader (see video below at 4:00 time mark).
According to DomisLive, the source code in "Heists" calls for a single player game. However, commentators claimed "it could come to multiplayer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet