'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
By Tanya Diente | August 19, 2014 1:55 PM EST
Fans of "GTA V" may be happy to know that the much anticipated PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game have been confirmed for a fall release. Likewise, a new report claimed PC and online versions will also bring in new DLC updates.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Rockstar's parent company Take-Two Interactive has announced that "Grand Theft Auto V is planned for release this fall on PS4, Xbox One and PC, bringing across-the-board graphical and technical enhancements to the game's already breathtaking open world experience."
However, there is no specific date set yet. International Business Times previously reported a Nov. 11 release date for the next-gen version of "GTA V" in North America and Nov. 14 in Europe. However, Epoch Times claims Danish retailer Coolshop said the game would be released on Dec. 31.
Along with the release, new exciting updates to downloadble contents are said to make the game even more enjoyable to play. According to Epoch Times the PC version will finally allow players to use mods.
Forbes writer Dave Thier said user-created mods make it possible for games such as the "Grand Theft Auto V" and "Skyrim" to "extend their lifespan."
Rockstar also promises to deliver across-the-board graphical and technical improvements that will "deliver a stunning new level of detail" to the game's PS4, Xbox One and PC versions. Players should expect an increase in draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic and enhanced resolutions that would "bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North's epic reimagining of Southern California."
Updates to the next-gen version will reportedly also carry over to "Grand Theft Auto Online." DLC update for the online gameplay will allow multiple users to play together in their quest to up their criminal ranks. Players will likewise be able to carry over their saved online characters and gameplay to the next-gen platform of their choosing.
A YouTube channel dedicated to anything "GTA" recently revealed a leak for "GTA V" for the Xbox One. DomisLive claimed it discovered a code for an Xbox One DLC pack called "Heists." The leak featured few new playable characters including a parachutist, sniper, hacker, hired gun and leader (see video below at 4:00 time mark).
According to DomisLive, the source code in "Heists" calls for a single player game. However, commentators claimed "it could come to multiplayer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports