Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 19, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Motorola Moto X+1 is easily one of the heavily rumoured handsets of 2014. However, we now have the full and final specifications of the upcoming Moto X+1 with the help of information sighted in a Benchmark testing site.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Going by the information from GFXBench's database, the Moto X+1 with the reported model number XT1097 will be powered by a Snapdragon 800 processor and not by the latest and competitive processors. Nevertheless, Phone Arena points out that the 800 processor is clocked at 2.5 GHz that translates to Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974-AC) chip.
Apparently, this is the exact chipset/core configuration powering the Samsung Galaxy S5. Hence the same site opines that there could be some confusion from the GFXBench's portal, which is unable to distinguish the minute detail changes between the two processors. However, the same model number XT1097 also landed in Geekbench site quite recently and the results pointed to a Snapdragon 800 processor yet again. Hence at this point there is no confirmation to ascertain the exact processor housed in the Moto X+1.
Other specifications of the Moto X+1 listed in the benchmark testing site include, a 5.2-inch display bundled with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. Notably, earlier reports pointed to a 5.1-inch display.
As mentioned earlier, the handset will reportedly be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait ARMv7 processor and will house a 2 GB of RAM. In addition, the handset will run on Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS out-of-the-box. According to earlier reports, the Moto X+1 will reportedly come with 32 GB of internal storage with no microSD card support. In addition, there are several other rumours suggesting 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of in-built storage and microSD slot for expansion up to 128 GB.
But the recent leak shows a 10 GB storage, which could translate to 16 GB of internal storage capacity before installations. It remains to be seen though if the expandable storage rumour will indeed be realized. The device is a single-SIM variant and it supports NFC along with other standard connectivity options.
Furthermore, the device will house a solid 12 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The phone will support 4K UHD video recording. Also, the next-generation device's release date is slated for Sept. 25. However, Motorola has not confirmed the existence of this device thus far.
2. Xiaomi Mi4 To Faceoff New Meizu MX4 Priced At $320 With 5.5-Inch Display, 3 GB RAM And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around