Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
By Gel Galang | August 19, 2014 1:47 PM EST
The "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" is steadily giving out more details on its many features and Pokemons, the latest of which are the newly revealed Mega Evolutions, Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
It seems that there will be a new "Pokemon" project slated for announcement in Japan this coming Aug 26.
This "Pokemon" project will be detailed more in a Nico Nico Livestream titled "Famitsu Featuring Pokemon Special" and the president of The Pokemon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara will be at the event. The original announcement can be seen in this page.
It would be interesting to see where this project will go. One good way to think about this is that there will be a similar project to the Pokemon Bank, which was first introduced alongside "Pokemon X and Y." This can be a franchise extension coming with the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
However, the report does speculate that the "Pokemon" project may also not be a game in the franchise, as Pokemon does extend to other media, such as TV series and toys.
Pokemon Trading Card Game Coming To iOS
This new project is not the only possible game coming apart from the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
Recently, the Pokemon Trading Card Game has been announced to debut on the iPad sometime this year. GameSpot reports that the game was first announced via Josh Wittenkeller's twitter account, which shows a snapshot of how the "Pokemon" TCG game originally for the PC was seen in an Apple tablet.
It was later confirmed that the physical card game will now be released for the iPad. It was also confirmed that the "Pokemon" Trading Card Game will imitate the physical nature of the game with two players dishing out attacks digitally on the iOS.
New Event Announced For 'X And Y'
The "Pokemon X and Y" has also not been neglected despite ongoing reveals for the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as Serebii announced the most recent event coming to the US.
Those still playing "Pokemon X and Y" can expect a new event with Gamestop stores, wherein players have until Aug. 31 to receive a Serial Code. Once obtaining this code, you can get a Mystery Gift that will allow you to download the Heracronite for "Pokemon X" and Pinsirite for "Pokemon Y."
This is currently an online distribution event running across North America, so best to take advantage of the freebie before the offer expires.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2