Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
By Gel Galang | August 19, 2014 1:47 PM EST
The "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" is steadily giving out more details on its many features and Pokemons, the latest of which are the newly revealed Mega Evolutions, Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
It seems that there will be a new "Pokemon" project slated for announcement in Japan this coming Aug 26.
This "Pokemon" project will be detailed more in a Nico Nico Livestream titled "Famitsu Featuring Pokemon Special" and the president of The Pokemon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara will be at the event. The original announcement can be seen in this page.
It would be interesting to see where this project will go. One good way to think about this is that there will be a similar project to the Pokemon Bank, which was first introduced alongside "Pokemon X and Y." This can be a franchise extension coming with the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
However, the report does speculate that the "Pokemon" project may also not be a game in the franchise, as Pokemon does extend to other media, such as TV series and toys.
Pokemon Trading Card Game Coming To iOS
This new project is not the only possible game coming apart from the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
Recently, the Pokemon Trading Card Game has been announced to debut on the iPad sometime this year. GameSpot reports that the game was first announced via Josh Wittenkeller's twitter account, which shows a snapshot of how the "Pokemon" TCG game originally for the PC was seen in an Apple tablet.
It was later confirmed that the physical card game will now be released for the iPad. It was also confirmed that the "Pokemon" Trading Card Game will imitate the physical nature of the game with two players dishing out attacks digitally on the iOS.
New Event Announced For 'X And Y'
The "Pokemon X and Y" has also not been neglected despite ongoing reveals for the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as Serebii announced the most recent event coming to the US.
Those still playing "Pokemon X and Y" can expect a new event with Gamestop stores, wherein players have until Aug. 31 to receive a Serial Code. Once obtaining this code, you can get a Mystery Gift that will allow you to download the Heracronite for "Pokemon X" and Pinsirite for "Pokemon Y."
This is currently an online distribution event running across North America, so best to take advantage of the freebie before the offer expires.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast