Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 19, 2014 1:45 PM EST
A man who worked as a morgue attendant in Ohio is bound to face legal charges after admitting he had sex with at least 100 dead women. Hamilton County morgue will likewise face charges because it was reportedly aware of what's happening, yet allowed it to continue.
Frequent Sex Makes You Intelligent, New Study Says
Kenneth Douglas admitted in a deposition he had sex with up the dead bodies often while drunk or high on drugs.
"I would just get on top of them and pull my pants down," Douglas, who worked night shifts at the Hamilton County morgue from 1976 until 1992, said. It was as simple as that.
His deeds were safe until in 2008 when his semen was discovered on a murder victim, 19-year-old Karen Range. Range was killed by David Steffen, a door-to-door salesman. Steffen admitted to her murder but vehemently denied he raped her.
Douglas admitted to having had sex with Range's corpse when she died in 1992.
Apart from Range, he also admitted sexually abusing the corpses of Charlene Appling and April Hicks.
Appling was six months pregnant when she was strangled in 1991. Douglas had sex with her body on the day she died. Hicks died from blunt trauma in 1991 after falling from a third-story window.
Douglas also admitted having sex with other female bodies stored in the morgue while awaiting autopsies.
But all throughout those times Douglas carried out his deeds, his wife contacted his superiors to let them know.
In a deposition video obtained by WCPO, Douglas' wife said he "reeked of sex" whenever she picked him up from work.
She said she tried to elevate the matter to his bosses, but she was dismissed. She was told that anything that happened "on county property on county time is county business."
On Friday, a federal appeals court had ruled that Hamilton County can go to trial because of the sex-with-corpses lawsuit.
"The county had plenty of notice that Douglas was coming to work and was present at work while he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs," Al Gerhardstein, one of the families' attorneys, told WCPO Cincinnati. "Had he been stopped, these women would not have been abused."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage