Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 19, 2014 1:45 PM EST
A man who worked as a morgue attendant in Ohio is bound to face legal charges after admitting he had sex with at least 100 dead women. Hamilton County morgue will likewise face charges because it was reportedly aware of what's happening, yet allowed it to continue.
Frequent Sex Makes You Intelligent, New Study Says
Kenneth Douglas admitted in a deposition he had sex with up the dead bodies often while drunk or high on drugs.
"I would just get on top of them and pull my pants down," Douglas, who worked night shifts at the Hamilton County morgue from 1976 until 1992, said. It was as simple as that.
His deeds were safe until in 2008 when his semen was discovered on a murder victim, 19-year-old Karen Range. Range was killed by David Steffen, a door-to-door salesman. Steffen admitted to her murder but vehemently denied he raped her.
Douglas admitted to having had sex with Range's corpse when she died in 1992.
Apart from Range, he also admitted sexually abusing the corpses of Charlene Appling and April Hicks.
Appling was six months pregnant when she was strangled in 1991. Douglas had sex with her body on the day she died. Hicks died from blunt trauma in 1991 after falling from a third-story window.
Douglas also admitted having sex with other female bodies stored in the morgue while awaiting autopsies.
But all throughout those times Douglas carried out his deeds, his wife contacted his superiors to let them know.
In a deposition video obtained by WCPO, Douglas' wife said he "reeked of sex" whenever she picked him up from work.
She said she tried to elevate the matter to his bosses, but she was dismissed. She was told that anything that happened "on county property on county time is county business."
On Friday, a federal appeals court had ruled that Hamilton County can go to trial because of the sex-with-corpses lawsuit.
"The county had plenty of notice that Douglas was coming to work and was present at work while he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs," Al Gerhardstein, one of the families' attorneys, told WCPO Cincinnati. "Had he been stopped, these women would not have been abused."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James