Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 19, 2014 1:30 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo or the LG G2, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo comes with a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The G2 to is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Note 3 Neo.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo measures 148.4 x 77.4 x 8.6 mm and weighs 162.5 grams. The LG G2 is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The devices measures 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours on 3G. The LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours and 30 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $439.95. The LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $449.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar