Transfer News: Nani, Anderson, Zaha Axed from The First Team Squad Of Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 19, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Louis van Gaal has axed the veteran trio of Nani, Anderson and Wilfred Zaha to welcome new blood to Old Trafford. There has been a strong argument going on about the future of a number of players at the Old Trafford and the way Ed Woodward has been buying this season. However, the United fans are happy about the departure of the trio to make way for some quality players at Old Trafford.
Germany's Sami Khedira fights for the ball with Portugal's Nani during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It is understood that after the defeat in his first match at the Premier League, Luis van Gaal would have begged the owners to buy more players and add some quality and rhythm to the Manchester United ranks. Nani will be a potential switch with the Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo.
In the build up to the opening game against Swansea, Van Gaal had asked these players to come at a different time as that of the first team players. This was not a surprising move as the manager had already stated that the £60 million trio are all but sold. It shows the ruthless approach of the newly appointed United boss who has once again showcased his authority as a manager. He pointed out the players he needed and those he did not.
On the other hand, Van Gaal seems a little worried with the way things have gone in terms of the transfers made since his arrival. He clearly shows a blunt attitude towards his employers by telling them that they have to make quick signings. Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia from Roma are likely to be signed in the next week. Moreover, the Dutch national Daley Blind seems to be a confirmed signing as well. Moreover, Angel Di Maria still remains on the radar of the United boss, which may indicate record signing in that regard.
Some golden years of the trio's careers have come to an end. The time they served under Sir Alex Ferguson would probably be the best times of their lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet