Transfer News: Nani, Anderson, Zaha Axed from The First Team Squad Of Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 19, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Louis van Gaal has axed the veteran trio of Nani, Anderson and Wilfred Zaha to welcome new blood to Old Trafford. There has been a strong argument going on about the future of a number of players at the Old Trafford and the way Ed Woodward has been buying this season. However, the United fans are happy about the departure of the trio to make way for some quality players at Old Trafford.
Germany's Sami Khedira fights for the ball with Portugal's Nani during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It is understood that after the defeat in his first match at the Premier League, Luis van Gaal would have begged the owners to buy more players and add some quality and rhythm to the Manchester United ranks. Nani will be a potential switch with the Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo.
In the build up to the opening game against Swansea, Van Gaal had asked these players to come at a different time as that of the first team players. This was not a surprising move as the manager had already stated that the £60 million trio are all but sold. It shows the ruthless approach of the newly appointed United boss who has once again showcased his authority as a manager. He pointed out the players he needed and those he did not.
On the other hand, Van Gaal seems a little worried with the way things have gone in terms of the transfers made since his arrival. He clearly shows a blunt attitude towards his employers by telling them that they have to make quick signings. Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia from Roma are likely to be signed in the next week. Moreover, the Dutch national Daley Blind seems to be a confirmed signing as well. Moreover, Angel Di Maria still remains on the radar of the United boss, which may indicate record signing in that regard.
Some golden years of the trio's careers have come to an end. The time they served under Sir Alex Ferguson would probably be the best times of their lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan