Transfer News: Nani, Anderson, Zaha Axed from The First Team Squad Of Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 19, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Louis van Gaal has axed the veteran trio of Nani, Anderson and Wilfred Zaha to welcome new blood to Old Trafford. There has been a strong argument going on about the future of a number of players at the Old Trafford and the way Ed Woodward has been buying this season. However, the United fans are happy about the departure of the trio to make way for some quality players at Old Trafford.
Germany's Sami Khedira fights for the ball with Portugal's Nani during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It is understood that after the defeat in his first match at the Premier League, Luis van Gaal would have begged the owners to buy more players and add some quality and rhythm to the Manchester United ranks. Nani will be a potential switch with the Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo.
In the build up to the opening game against Swansea, Van Gaal had asked these players to come at a different time as that of the first team players. This was not a surprising move as the manager had already stated that the £60 million trio are all but sold. It shows the ruthless approach of the newly appointed United boss who has once again showcased his authority as a manager. He pointed out the players he needed and those he did not.
On the other hand, Van Gaal seems a little worried with the way things have gone in terms of the transfers made since his arrival. He clearly shows a blunt attitude towards his employers by telling them that they have to make quick signings. Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia from Roma are likely to be signed in the next week. Moreover, the Dutch national Daley Blind seems to be a confirmed signing as well. Moreover, Angel Di Maria still remains on the radar of the United boss, which may indicate record signing in that regard.
Some golden years of the trio's careers have come to an end. The time they served under Sir Alex Ferguson would probably be the best times of their lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft