Transfer News: Nani, Anderson, Zaha Axed from The First Team Squad Of Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 19, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Louis van Gaal has axed the veteran trio of Nani, Anderson and Wilfred Zaha to welcome new blood to Old Trafford. There has been a strong argument going on about the future of a number of players at the Old Trafford and the way Ed Woodward has been buying this season. However, the United fans are happy about the departure of the trio to make way for some quality players at Old Trafford.
Germany's Sami Khedira fights for the ball with Portugal's Nani during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It is understood that after the defeat in his first match at the Premier League, Luis van Gaal would have begged the owners to buy more players and add some quality and rhythm to the Manchester United ranks. Nani will be a potential switch with the Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo.
In the build up to the opening game against Swansea, Van Gaal had asked these players to come at a different time as that of the first team players. This was not a surprising move as the manager had already stated that the £60 million trio are all but sold. It shows the ruthless approach of the newly appointed United boss who has once again showcased his authority as a manager. He pointed out the players he needed and those he did not.
On the other hand, Van Gaal seems a little worried with the way things have gone in terms of the transfers made since his arrival. He clearly shows a blunt attitude towards his employers by telling them that they have to make quick signings. Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia from Roma are likely to be signed in the next week. Moreover, the Dutch national Daley Blind seems to be a confirmed signing as well. Moreover, Angel Di Maria still remains on the radar of the United boss, which may indicate record signing in that regard.
Some golden years of the trio's careers have come to an end. The time they served under Sir Alex Ferguson would probably be the best times of their lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports