Transfer News: Nani, Anderson, Zaha Axed from The First Team Squad Of Manchester United
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 19, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Louis van Gaal has axed the veteran trio of Nani, Anderson and Wilfred Zaha to welcome new blood to Old Trafford. There has been a strong argument going on about the future of a number of players at the Old Trafford and the way Ed Woodward has been buying this season. However, the United fans are happy about the departure of the trio to make way for some quality players at Old Trafford.
Germany's Sami Khedira fights for the ball with Portugal's Nani during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador June 16, 2014.
It is understood that after the defeat in his first match at the Premier League, Luis van Gaal would have begged the owners to buy more players and add some quality and rhythm to the Manchester United ranks. Nani will be a potential switch with the Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo.
In the build up to the opening game against Swansea, Van Gaal had asked these players to come at a different time as that of the first team players. This was not a surprising move as the manager had already stated that the £60 million trio are all but sold. It shows the ruthless approach of the newly appointed United boss who has once again showcased his authority as a manager. He pointed out the players he needed and those he did not.
On the other hand, Van Gaal seems a little worried with the way things have gone in terms of the transfers made since his arrival. He clearly shows a blunt attitude towards his employers by telling them that they have to make quick signings. Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon and Mehdi Benatia from Roma are likely to be signed in the next week. Moreover, the Dutch national Daley Blind seems to be a confirmed signing as well. Moreover, Angel Di Maria still remains on the radar of the United boss, which may indicate record signing in that regard.
Some golden years of the trio's careers have come to an end. The time they served under Sir Alex Ferguson would probably be the best times of their lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage