Xbox One UI Slated For an Update Before Christmas as Expansive List of ID@Xbox Games Get Announced
By Gel Galang | August 19, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Who said that Microsoft isn't listening to fans? It seems that the Xbox One creator had completely switched gears and has become very effective in listening to the woes of the Xbox One community.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Teased in New Trailer and Listing as Samsung Galaxy Alpha Wallpapers Go Official
During a closed-doors demo, Microsoft's Albert Penello had talked about a new upcoming change in the Xbox One UI, which is the makeover of the Snap.
"We're completely revamping how Snap works," Penello said as quoted by VG 24/7. "A lot of people who came from 360 have said, 'Hey, there's a lot of stuff that the 360 guide provided that I have to take multiple steps to get to on Xbox One.' So, we're creating this Snap Center."
This Snap Center gives you a compass approach to controlling the Xbox One. This means that after tapping the Xbox button, you can access four options, namely messages, friends, parties and achievements right on the screen and without leaving where you previously were.
This will bring the Xbox One's UI closer to how it was with the Xbox 360, which Microsoft feels is what the fans really want.
More Incoming Features Scheduled
With the August Xbox One System update already live for everyone, and the September System update already rolling out to participating testers, the Xbox One is slated to have more features, as announced previously.
One of these is the wireless sharing of music and videos from the PC through the home network onto the Xbox One. Soon, it will also be made possible for the Xbox 360.
"If you set your sharing on PC for videos, the console will pick that up as well. You will be able to do that. When the media player update comes out it'll be included. That'll absolutely be part of the media player release," Penello said.
It's Raining Indie Games for the Xbox One
Microsoft and Xbox One were criticised for not having enough independent games back when it was first released. But now, no one can say that the company isn't taking indie games seriously.
At Gamescom, Microsoft revealed quite the list of indie games coming with its ID@Xbox program. The following list isn't exactly an exclusive list, as the Xbox Wire did say that the games in the ID@Xbox are "coming first to console on Xbox One," which means a timed exclusivity at best. But there are some meaty titles included:
- Love in a Dangerous Spacetime: One of the most talked about indies where you'll be co-piloting a battleship while fighting robots and exploring space.
- Plague Inc: Evolved: Battling with another Plague is the main theme in this strategic game where your main enemy adapts to what you hurl at it.
- Threes!; TheGame from Sirvo that had spawned a number of clones including the addictive 2048 is now coming to the Xbox One alongside its charming characters.
- No Time to Explain: One thing to remember is that you'll be dealing with time travel, guns and enemy crabs.
- Gunscape: From Blowfish Studios, you have an first-person shooter and construction kit in one, where you have map and a toolbox of weapons, all yours for combining and building for a creative gameplay experience.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect