HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nokia Lumia 925 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 19, 2014 11:47 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One Mini 2 or the Nokia Lumia 925, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Nokia vice president for industrial design Stefan Pannenbecker holds the Nokia Lumia 925 at its launch in London May 14, 2013. Nokia unveiled a lighter, metal model in its Lumia smartphone range, as it tries to catch the eye of buyers to close the huge market lead of rivals Samsung and Apple Inc in the lucrative handset market. The Lumia 925, to be sold for 469 euros ($610) before taxes and subsidies through carriers such as Vodafone and China Mobile, is the latest in Nokia's range using Windows Phone software, on which Chief executive Stephen Elop has pinned the future of the loss-making company to reverse a dramatic drop in revenue over the last two years. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Display and Design
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a 4.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Nokia Lumia 925 comes with a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 925 has a slight edge with 332 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the Mini 2.
The HTC One Mini 2 measures 137.4 x 65 x 10.6 mm and weighs 137 grams. The Nokia Lumia 925 is comparatively smaller, wider and thinner. The device measures 129 x 70.6 x 8.5 mm and weighs 139 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 925 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC One Mini 2 runs on the Android KItKat operating system and the Nokia Lumia 925 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Mini 2 has a slight edge.
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Nokia Lumia 925 sports an 8 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilisation, autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which translates into a resolution of 16 hours and 10 minutes on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 925 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 40 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One Mini 2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $459.95 and the Nokia Lumia 925 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $319.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories