Jeremy Lin Reveals Struggles with Pride on Facebook Fan Chat
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 19, 2014 11:42 AM EST
Jeremy Lin has been open about his Christian faith over the years and now, he recently opened up about the greatest sin he struggles with.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
The Los Angeles Lakers guard recently had a Fan Appreciation Week on Facebook, wherein he answered questions from fans. During the session, the 25-year-old admitted that he is not actually as humble as people might think he is, and he admitted that he struggles with sinning.
"I'm not humble. Pride is [the] greatest sin I struggle with," the 25-year-old NBA star answered on Facebook.
According to the NBA star, as he gets older and faces more life obstacles, he realises that he is more sinful and he needs God more than he ever imagined.
Jeremy Lin took the fast lane to fame when he starred in the NBA as part of the New York Knicks in 2012. The Harvard alumnus became the first player in NBA history to put up at least 20 points and seven assists in all his first five starting games, which started "Linsanity."
In the summer of 2012, the 25-year-old was traded to the Houston Rockets where he was forced to take a bench role. He was recently traded to the Los Angeles Lakers and it appears that he is ready to embark a fresh chapter of his career.
It has been a year of ups and downs for the NBA player and he claimed that he learned a lot as a person, as a basketball player and as a Christian in the past two years.
The Los Angeles Lakers player has been an active member of non-profit ministry in feeding the homeless of the City of Angels' infamous Skid Row and he promised Lakers supporters that he would play for God and play aggressively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]