Jeremy Lin Reveals Struggles with Pride on Facebook Fan Chat
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 19, 2014 11:42 AM EST
Jeremy Lin has been open about his Christian faith over the years and now, he recently opened up about the greatest sin he struggles with.
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
The Los Angeles Lakers guard recently had a Fan Appreciation Week on Facebook, wherein he answered questions from fans. During the session, the 25-year-old admitted that he is not actually as humble as people might think he is, and he admitted that he struggles with sinning.
"I'm not humble. Pride is [the] greatest sin I struggle with," the 25-year-old NBA star answered on Facebook.
According to the NBA star, as he gets older and faces more life obstacles, he realises that he is more sinful and he needs God more than he ever imagined.
Jeremy Lin took the fast lane to fame when he starred in the NBA as part of the New York Knicks in 2012. The Harvard alumnus became the first player in NBA history to put up at least 20 points and seven assists in all his first five starting games, which started "Linsanity."
In the summer of 2012, the 25-year-old was traded to the Houston Rockets where he was forced to take a bench role. He was recently traded to the Los Angeles Lakers and it appears that he is ready to embark a fresh chapter of his career.
It has been a year of ups and downs for the NBA player and he claimed that he learned a lot as a person, as a basketball player and as a Christian in the past two years.
The Los Angeles Lakers player has been an active member of non-profit ministry in feeding the homeless of the City of Angels' infamous Skid Row and he promised Lakers supporters that he would play for God and play aggressively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money