Sony Xperia M2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: Locations, Build Version, Changes and Features
By Ryan Inoyori | August 19, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Sony Xperia M2 users in several regions around the world are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Sony Mobile. The official started on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE with official build version 18.3.C.0.37.
Sony Xperia M2 Android KitKat
Sony Xperia M2 owners in France, Ireland, Israel, Russia, Singapore and Thailand are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Reports from XperiaBlog revealed that the Android KitKat update began on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE variant to the regions mentioned above.
PTCRB recently certified the 18.3.C.0.37 firmware build version in August 7 2014 for Xperia M2 D2303 LTE model along with other variants including D2306 having the same build version and D2305 with 18.3.A.0.31 build version. Xperia M2 dual-SIM models D2302 and S50h have been certified with 18.3.B.0.31 firmware version.
However, there are no reports yet of the Android KitKat update for other Xperia M2 models including the dual-SIM variants. Sony Mobile official software support Web page for Xperia M2 still cites Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware version but confirmed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update expected to rollout starting in July.
Official Change Logs of Android KitKat Update
Here are the details of various changes, enhancements and improvements Xperia M2 users will receive on the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile.
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard performance improvements and user interface optimisation from Google.
2. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface for launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screen.
3. Revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings with intuitive and customisation features.
4. Updates to the entire Sony native applications including Messaging, Email, Smart Social Camera and battery STAMINA mode.
5. Updates on the exclusive Sony media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies and Sony Entertainment Network.
6. Various downloadable themes for the Sony My Xperia Theme feature via Sony Select or Google Play Store.
7. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app.
Users may download the firmware update using the Update Centre app or the respective PC suites from Sony for Windows computers or MAC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues