Sony Xperia M2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: Locations, Build Version, Changes and Features
By Ryan Inoyori | August 19, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Sony Xperia M2 users in several regions around the world are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Sony Mobile. The official started on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE with official build version 18.3.C.0.37.
Sony Xperia M2 Android KitKat
Sony Xperia M2 owners in France, Ireland, Israel, Russia, Singapore and Thailand are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Reports from XperiaBlog revealed that the Android KitKat update began on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE variant to the regions mentioned above.
PTCRB recently certified the 18.3.C.0.37 firmware build version in August 7 2014 for Xperia M2 D2303 LTE model along with other variants including D2306 having the same build version and D2305 with 18.3.A.0.31 build version. Xperia M2 dual-SIM models D2302 and S50h have been certified with 18.3.B.0.31 firmware version.
However, there are no reports yet of the Android KitKat update for other Xperia M2 models including the dual-SIM variants. Sony Mobile official software support Web page for Xperia M2 still cites Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware version but confirmed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update expected to rollout starting in July.
Official Change Logs of Android KitKat Update
Here are the details of various changes, enhancements and improvements Xperia M2 users will receive on the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile.
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard performance improvements and user interface optimisation from Google.
2. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface for launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screen.
3. Revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings with intuitive and customisation features.
4. Updates to the entire Sony native applications including Messaging, Email, Smart Social Camera and battery STAMINA mode.
5. Updates on the exclusive Sony media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies and Sony Entertainment Network.
6. Various downloadable themes for the Sony My Xperia Theme feature via Sony Select or Google Play Store.
7. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app.
Users may download the firmware update using the Update Centre app or the respective PC suites from Sony for Windows computers or MAC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS