Sony Xperia M2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: Locations, Build Version, Changes and Features
By Ryan Inoyori | August 19, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Sony Xperia M2 users in several regions around the world are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Sony Mobile. The official started on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE with official build version 18.3.C.0.37.
Sony Xperia M2 Android KitKat
Sony Xperia M2 owners in France, Ireland, Israel, Russia, Singapore and Thailand are now eligible to download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Reports from XperiaBlog revealed that the Android KitKat update began on Xperia M2 D2303 LTE variant to the regions mentioned above.
PTCRB recently certified the 18.3.C.0.37 firmware build version in August 7 2014 for Xperia M2 D2303 LTE model along with other variants including D2306 having the same build version and D2305 with 18.3.A.0.31 build version. Xperia M2 dual-SIM models D2302 and S50h have been certified with 18.3.B.0.31 firmware version.
However, there are no reports yet of the Android KitKat update for other Xperia M2 models including the dual-SIM variants. Sony Mobile official software support Web page for Xperia M2 still cites Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware version but confirmed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update expected to rollout starting in July.
Official Change Logs of Android KitKat Update
Here are the details of various changes, enhancements and improvements Xperia M2 users will receive on the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile.
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat standard performance improvements and user interface optimisation from Google.
2. Sony PlayStation 4 user interface for launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screen.
3. Revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings with intuitive and customisation features.
4. Updates to the entire Sony native applications including Messaging, Email, Smart Social Camera and battery STAMINA mode.
5. Updates on the exclusive Sony media applications including WALKMAN, Album and Movies and Sony Entertainment Network.
6. Various downloadable themes for the Sony My Xperia Theme feature via Sony Select or Google Play Store.
7. Compatibility with SmartWear Experience, SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app.
Users may download the firmware update using the Update Centre app or the respective PC suites from Sony for Windows computers or MAC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- SanDisk Launches The World’s First Memory Card With A Capacity of 512 GB
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List