Kris Jenner Almost Skipped Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Wedding Due To Big Fight About Bridal Shower
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 19, 2014 11:23 AM EST
It has been almost three months since Kim Kardashian married Kanye West in a lavish ceremony in Florence, Italy but the juicy tidbits leading up to the ceremony are still spilling out. It turns out that while the drama surrounding Robert Kardashian's absence from the wedding hit the headlines, another key member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan almost missed the wedding. Kim and her mom Kris Jenner had a big row while planning the wedding that almost ended up in Kris being uninvited!
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim will Kardashian and rapper Kanye West celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kim's wedding to rapper Kanye West was the subject of so much speculation leading up to the date and Kim was adamant about keeping the details under wraps. She had been planning most of the details herself along with her fiancé. Kris Jenner is infamous for her obsessively controlling behaviour which is brought up frequently by various members of the family in "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." Naturally, a daughter's wedding is getting Kris excited and she is eager to get her feet wet in the preparations. While her controlling behaviour and determination is the driving force behind the successful Kardashian business empire, personal matters are an entirely different thing and she is often perceived as intrusive and overwhelming.
Ahead of Kim's wedding, Kris wants to throw her daughter a bridal shower which Kim is not keen on having. Kim and Kanye have big plans including what is now known to be nearly a week-long pre-event celebration in Paris involving a private tour of Versailles Palace and Kim feels that she has everything under control. This causes Kris to feel hurt and left out being unable to plan anything for her daughter.
Eventually, Kim relents and lets Kris plan a dinner party ahead of her wedding but insists that she only wants a small affair and not a full-blown party. Kris manages to squeeze wedding details out of Kim's assistant and Kim is enraged when she finds out. She then declares that she doesn't want to have the bridal shower after all. Kris freaks out about it and the fight escalates up to the point where Kim decides to move out of Kris' home. She had been living with Kris along with her baby North since selling her own home in favour of a new one she had bought with future husband Kanye West which was still under renovation.
Kris starts calling Kourtney's house non-stop and declares that while she's not being allowed to be involved in anything to do with the wedding anyway, perhaps she should just skip it altogether. Kim lets things cool down for two days and shows up at a family dinner where she makes amends with her mom. She tells her that of course she is still invited to the wedding and they both agree that Kim will handle all of the preparations. After all, as frequently mentioned by other members of the family, among the Kardashian children, Kim has taken after her mom the most when it comes to obsessing about details and planning. Kris agrees to chill out and lets Kim handle the planning for the lavish ceremony and all the pre-wedding festivities that will be seen exclusively in the upcoming wedding episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" which airs Sundays on E!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown