Kris Jenner Almost Skipped Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Wedding Due To Big Fight About Bridal Shower
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 19, 2014 11:23 AM EST
It has been almost three months since Kim Kardashian married Kanye West in a lavish ceremony in Florence, Italy but the juicy tidbits leading up to the ceremony are still spilling out. It turns out that while the drama surrounding Robert Kardashian's absence from the wedding hit the headlines, another key member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan almost missed the wedding. Kim and her mom Kris Jenner had a big row while planning the wedding that almost ended up in Kris being uninvited!
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim will Kardashian and rapper Kanye West celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kim's wedding to rapper Kanye West was the subject of so much speculation leading up to the date and Kim was adamant about keeping the details under wraps. She had been planning most of the details herself along with her fiancé. Kris Jenner is infamous for her obsessively controlling behaviour which is brought up frequently by various members of the family in "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." Naturally, a daughter's wedding is getting Kris excited and she is eager to get her feet wet in the preparations. While her controlling behaviour and determination is the driving force behind the successful Kardashian business empire, personal matters are an entirely different thing and she is often perceived as intrusive and overwhelming.
Ahead of Kim's wedding, Kris wants to throw her daughter a bridal shower which Kim is not keen on having. Kim and Kanye have big plans including what is now known to be nearly a week-long pre-event celebration in Paris involving a private tour of Versailles Palace and Kim feels that she has everything under control. This causes Kris to feel hurt and left out being unable to plan anything for her daughter.
Eventually, Kim relents and lets Kris plan a dinner party ahead of her wedding but insists that she only wants a small affair and not a full-blown party. Kris manages to squeeze wedding details out of Kim's assistant and Kim is enraged when she finds out. She then declares that she doesn't want to have the bridal shower after all. Kris freaks out about it and the fight escalates up to the point where Kim decides to move out of Kris' home. She had been living with Kris along with her baby North since selling her own home in favour of a new one she had bought with future husband Kanye West which was still under renovation.
Kris starts calling Kourtney's house non-stop and declares that while she's not being allowed to be involved in anything to do with the wedding anyway, perhaps she should just skip it altogether. Kim lets things cool down for two days and shows up at a family dinner where she makes amends with her mom. She tells her that of course she is still invited to the wedding and they both agree that Kim will handle all of the preparations. After all, as frequently mentioned by other members of the family, among the Kardashian children, Kim has taken after her mom the most when it comes to obsessing about details and planning. Kris agrees to chill out and lets Kim handle the planning for the lavish ceremony and all the pre-wedding festivities that will be seen exclusively in the upcoming wedding episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" which airs Sundays on E!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation